Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Zizo applauds team’s performance, discusses his Al Ahly future
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy expressed his delight with his side’s performance against ENPPI, while discussing the possibility of leading the team for the rest of the season.
Zizo led Al Ahly to defeat ENPPI 2-0 in his third game at the helm of the Red Castle, after he won his previous two matches against Ismaily and Ittihad of Alexandria.
“I am happy with the points and the performance, especially that ENPPI knows Al Ahly team well,” Zizo told the reporters following the match.
The Red Castle board is still looking to hire a new manager, with German coach Felix Magath reportedly turning down an offer to manage the team.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 4, 2016
After bagging maximum points from three matches, several voices have called for Zizo to remain as the Red Castle’s manager until the end of the season.
Zizo, however, declared he’d prefer to return to his position as the head of the football sector at the club.
“I have a certain plan that I am trying to implement in the sector, so I’d prefer to return to my position,” Zizo said in a televised interview on Wednesday.
Nevertheless, the former Al Ahly player hinted that he wouldn’t reject Al Ahly’s board request, in case they asked him to remain at the helm of the team.