Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
CAF unanimously backs Bahrain’s Shaikh Salman in FIFA elections
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced its support of current Asian Football Confederation president and FIFA vice president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa in the upcoming elections.
The CAF Executive Committee declared on Friday, February 5th, after its meeting in Rwanda, that it will unanimously back Shaikh Salman in the upcoming elections that will determine the ninth president of FIFA.
The CAF, which has the largest number of voting members (54), will be backing Shaik Salman Al Khalifa alongside the AFC, which has 46 voting members.
The other FIFA presidential candidate, Gianni Infantino, currently has the backing of the European and South American Football Associations.
It is worth noting that the elections are scheduled on February 26 in Zurich, Switzerland.