Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
CAF unanimously backs Bahrain’s Shaikh Salman in FIFA elections
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced its support of current Asian Football Confederation president and FIFA vice president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa in the upcoming elections.
The CAF Executive Committee declared on Friday, February 5th, after its meeting in Rwanda, that it will unanimously back Shaikh Salman in the upcoming elections that will determine the ninth president of FIFA.
The CAF, which has the largest number of voting members (54), will be backing Shaik Salman Al Khalifa alongside the AFC, which has 46 voting members.
The other FIFA presidential candidate, Gianni Infantino, currently has the backing of the European and South American Football Associations.
It is worth noting that the elections are scheduled on February 26 in Zurich, Switzerland.