Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
CAF unanimously backs Bahrain’s Shaikh Salman in FIFA elections
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced its support of current Asian Football Confederation president and FIFA vice president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa in the upcoming elections.
The CAF Executive Committee declared on Friday, February 5th, after its meeting in Rwanda, that it will unanimously back Shaikh Salman in the upcoming elections that will determine the ninth president of FIFA.
The CAF, which has the largest number of voting members (54), will be backing Shaik Salman Al Khalifa alongside the AFC, which has 46 voting members.
The other FIFA presidential candidate, Gianni Infantino, currently has the backing of the European and South American Football Associations.
It is worth noting that the elections are scheduled on February 26 in Zurich, Switzerland.