An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
CAF unanimously backs Bahrain’s Shaikh Salman in FIFA elections
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced its support of current Asian Football Confederation president and FIFA vice president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa in the upcoming elections.
The CAF Executive Committee declared on Friday, February 5th, after its meeting in Rwanda, that it will unanimously back Shaikh Salman in the upcoming elections that will determine the ninth president of FIFA.
The CAF, which has the largest number of voting members (54), will be backing Shaik Salman Al Khalifa alongside the AFC, which has 46 voting members.
The other FIFA presidential candidate, Gianni Infantino, currently has the backing of the European and South American Football Associations.
It is worth noting that the elections are scheduled on February 26 in Zurich, Switzerland.