Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
CAF unanimously backs Bahrain’s Shaikh Salman in FIFA elections
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced its support of current Asian Football Confederation president and FIFA vice president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa in the upcoming elections.
The CAF Executive Committee declared on Friday, February 5th, after its meeting in Rwanda, that it will unanimously back Shaikh Salman in the upcoming elections that will determine the ninth president of FIFA.
The CAF, which has the largest number of voting members (54), will be backing Shaik Salman Al Khalifa alongside the AFC, which has 46 voting members.
The other FIFA presidential candidate, Gianni Infantino, currently has the backing of the European and South American Football Associations.
It is worth noting that the elections are scheduled on February 26 in Zurich, Switzerland.