Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Koka’s Braga down Rio Ave in Taça de Portugal semi-final
Koka and his teammates took the first step toward the final of the Portuguese Cup, with Koka nearing his second Taça de Portugal final in three years in Portugal.
Braga took the home field and crowd to their advantage as they took control of the match straight from kick-off. It took the hosts just seven minutes to open the scoring through Pedro Santos, who successfully converted a penalty kick, after Egypt international Koka was fouled inside the box.
The remainder of the first half remained tense as Braga attempted to further their lead, while Rio Ave tried to score an important away goal.
In the second half, Braga’s players kept the ball at their feet for longer periods of time, trying to construct successful attempts on goal, but they were unlucky as only three out of their 11 shots were on target.
Ahmed Hassan Koka’s night came to an end in the 74th minute as he was replaced by midfielder Rui Fonte. The tempo of the game remained high with a total of 37 fouls committed throughout the 90 minutes.
The return leg will played on the 3rd of March, marking Koka’s second occasion facing his former teammates, but his first return to Rio Ave after his transfer to Braga.