The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Meteb fined following row with Saleh Gomaa
Al Ahly striker Emad Meteb has been excluded and fined following a training row with teammate Saleh Gomaa.
Ahly’s Interim Manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ kicked Emad Meteb out of training, following row with Saleh Gomaa.
An argument between Meteb and Gomaa emerged in the training session which caused Zizo to intervene and send the striker out of training for the incident.
Following the incident, Ahly’s Football Director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz met with Meteb in the dressing rooms and later confirmed in statements to the press that the player will be fined 50,000 EGP.
The club also decided to exclude Emad from Ahly’s upcoming game against Cairo derby rivals Zamalek.
Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy has also talked to the press following the incident saying: “Meteb is a big player, but the football field has its own sacredness and that is why I sent him off.”
On whether or not Meteb will be in the squad list for the Zamalek match Zizo said: “He’ll be included only if he apologizes as I prioritize the team’s interest before anything else.”