Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Meteb fined following row with Saleh Gomaa
Al Ahly striker Emad Meteb has been excluded and fined following a training row with teammate Saleh Gomaa.
Ahly’s Interim Manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ kicked Emad Meteb out of training, following row with Saleh Gomaa.
An argument between Meteb and Gomaa emerged in the training session which caused Zizo to intervene and send the striker out of training for the incident.
Following the incident, Ahly’s Football Director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz met with Meteb in the dressing rooms and later confirmed in statements to the press that the player will be fined 50,000 EGP.
The club also decided to exclude Emad from Ahly’s upcoming game against Cairo derby rivals Zamalek.
Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy has also talked to the press following the incident saying: “Meteb is a big player, but the football field has its own sacredness and that is why I sent him off.”
On whether or not Meteb will be in the squad list for the Zamalek match Zizo said: “He’ll be included only if he apologizes as I prioritize the team’s interest before anything else.”