Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Meteb fined following row with Saleh Gomaa
Al Ahly striker Emad Meteb has been excluded and fined following a training row with teammate Saleh Gomaa.
Ahly’s Interim Manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ kicked Emad Meteb out of training, following row with Saleh Gomaa.
An argument between Meteb and Gomaa emerged in the training session which caused Zizo to intervene and send the striker out of training for the incident.
Following the incident, Ahly’s Football Director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz met with Meteb in the dressing rooms and later confirmed in statements to the press that the player will be fined 50,000 EGP.
The club also decided to exclude Emad from Ahly’s upcoming game against Cairo derby rivals Zamalek.
Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy has also talked to the press following the incident saying: “Meteb is a big player, but the football field has its own sacredness and that is why I sent him off.”
On whether or not Meteb will be in the squad list for the Zamalek match Zizo said: “He’ll be included only if he apologizes as I prioritize the team’s interest before anything else.”