Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Ultras Ahlawy to attend Al Ahly’s training ahead of Cairo derby
Al Ahly’s Ultras group, Ultras Ahlawy, have announced on Friday that they will attend the first team’s training session on Saturday ahead of the Cairo derby against Zamalek.
This comes despite the previous decision of Al Ahly’s board, led by chairman Mahmoud Taher, to ban fans from attending the team’s training sessions at the Mokhtar El-Tetsh stadium at the club’s headquarters.
The ban followed after fans directed ‘offensive chants’ towards some of the country’s state institutions on Tuesday to commemorate the fourth anniversary of the Port Said massacre, where 72 Al Ahly fans lost their lives.
Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi responded by inviting the Ultras Ahlawy to participate in a committee to investigate the 2012 Port Said Massacre.
However, despite the current ban, the ultras are planning to attend the next training session ahead of the upcoming Cairo derby against Zamalek.
Ultras Ahlawy’s statement:
“Al Ahly are the leaders with four points difference to the closest rival. It is very important to end the first round with our team extending the points difference to inch closer to the league title. The league trophy must return to it’s normal place in El-Gezira [Al Ahly’s headquarters]. Tomorrow is the team’s last training before heading to Borg El-Arab [Alexandria], training is at 10:00 and Al Ahly fans gathering is at 9:30”
Egyptian Premier League leaders Al Ahly are set to face Zamalek in the league’s upcoming fixture on Tuesday, February 9.