Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Ajax Cape Town withdraw from CAF Confederations Cup
Ajax Cape Town face a two-year suspension from all CAF competitions after withdrawing from the 2016 edition of the CAF Confederations Cup this week.
The South African outfit decided to withdraw from the competition because they weren’t given any assurances over the safety of their players and they claimed they failed to receive any clear information from the Angolan Football Federation about travel arrangements on their trip to Angola.
Ajax Cape Town were scheduled to face Sagrada Esperanca in Dundo on the 13th February in the first-leg of the first round qualifier.
The move will have consequences for the club and likely be slapped with a three-year ban from all CAF competitions.
Ajax won their place in the Confederation Cup after finishing as runners-up in the 2015 South African Nedbank Cup.