Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Mido: Al Ahly are in for a surprise
Speaking to reporters prior to the game, Mido stated that the Reds’ run of form does not guarantee them victory.
“Al Ahly’s good form does not necessarily ensure all three points, I respect our opponents, but the derby always has special circumstances.
“They’ll be in for a surprise, we’ll implement a new style of play.”
Mido turned his attention to the media’s criticism of new striker Emmanuel Mayuka by stating: “The media criticized the player before he even stepped onto the field, Mayuka is a Zambian international, with 65 matches for his country.”
“[Al Ahly legend] Flavio scored one goal during a whole year and was not criticized like this” Mido concluded.
Al Ahly come into the fixture with a four point lead on top of the table, While Zamalek come in second.
It is also worth mentioning that there is a conflict regarding the stadium that will host the derby – home side Al Ahly’ want to play in Borg El Arab, whilst the Whites want to play the match in either Petrosport or Air Defense.