Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Preud’homme addresses Al Ahly rumours
Club Brugge manager Michel Preud’homme has today addressed rumours that he is close to sealing a switch to Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The former Belgian National team and Benfica goalkeeper was rumoured to have been close to a deal with the Cairo giants earlier this week following the departure of Jose Peseiro to FC Porto. Preud’homme today quashed the rumours, denying that he would be moving to Al Ahly whilst speaking with Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad.
The announcement came in stark contrast to quotes released by Preud’homme’s manager midweek. Tunisian Riyad El-Kallal was quoted stating “Al Ahly will send a formal offer for Preud’homme. If an agreement is reached, he could be available before Zamalek’s match on Tuesday.”
It remains to be seen who the Red Devils will appoint as a full time manager following Peseiro’s departure in January. Preud’homme, who has just led his Belgian side Club Brugge to their second consecutive domestic cup final, was one of a number of European coaches mentioned for the job.
Other supposed targets for Al Ahly were former Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath and former Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster, with both supposed negotiations hitting stumbling blocks. As it stands Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy remains manager of Al Ahly, albeit on a caretaker basis until another manager is found.