Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Preud’homme addresses Al Ahly rumours
Club Brugge manager Michel Preud’homme has today addressed rumours that he is close to sealing a switch to Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The former Belgian National team and Benfica goalkeeper was rumoured to have been close to a deal with the Cairo giants earlier this week following the departure of Jose Peseiro to FC Porto. Preud’homme today quashed the rumours, denying that he would be moving to Al Ahly whilst speaking with Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad.
The announcement came in stark contrast to quotes released by Preud’homme’s manager midweek. Tunisian Riyad El-Kallal was quoted stating “Al Ahly will send a formal offer for Preud’homme. If an agreement is reached, he could be available before Zamalek’s match on Tuesday.”
It remains to be seen who the Red Devils will appoint as a full time manager following Peseiro’s departure in January. Preud’homme, who has just led his Belgian side Club Brugge to their second consecutive domestic cup final, was one of a number of European coaches mentioned for the job.
Other supposed targets for Al Ahly were former Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath and former Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster, with both supposed negotiations hitting stumbling blocks. As it stands Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy remains manager of Al Ahly, albeit on a caretaker basis until another manager is found.