AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Preud’homme addresses Al Ahly rumours
Club Brugge manager Michel Preud’homme has today addressed rumours that he is close to sealing a switch to Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The former Belgian National team and Benfica goalkeeper was rumoured to have been close to a deal with the Cairo giants earlier this week following the departure of Jose Peseiro to FC Porto. Preud’homme today quashed the rumours, denying that he would be moving to Al Ahly whilst speaking with Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad.
The announcement came in stark contrast to quotes released by Preud’homme’s manager midweek. Tunisian Riyad El-Kallal was quoted stating “Al Ahly will send a formal offer for Preud’homme. If an agreement is reached, he could be available before Zamalek’s match on Tuesday.”
It remains to be seen who the Red Devils will appoint as a full time manager following Peseiro’s departure in January. Preud’homme, who has just led his Belgian side Club Brugge to their second consecutive domestic cup final, was one of a number of European coaches mentioned for the job.
Other supposed targets for Al Ahly were former Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath and former Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster, with both supposed negotiations hitting stumbling blocks. As it stands Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy remains manager of Al Ahly, albeit on a caretaker basis until another manager is found.