Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
DRC win CHAN 2016 after thrashing Mali
DRC clashed with surprise side Mali in the CHAN 2016 final. Mali started stronger at a packed Amahoro stadium but failed to break the deadlock. Meschak Elia showed how it’s done with a cracker on 28 minutes. He unleashed an unstoppable drive into the far post giving Diarra no chance.
Mali had an effort moments after but Matampi was equal to task. Ibenge’s side this carried a lead into the break.
Elia scored again at the hour mark. He picked the ball on the left and dribbled past the keeper for an easy finish. The brace effectively put the match beyond Mali but there was still time for a third. TP Mazembe striker, Jonathan Bolingi netted the clincher to seal CHAN 2016 for DRC.
DRC becomes the first nation to win the CHAN tournament twice. The next win will be hosted by Kenya in 2018.