Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
DRC win CHAN 2016 after thrashing Mali
DRC clashed with surprise side Mali in the CHAN 2016 final. Mali started stronger at a packed Amahoro stadium but failed to break the deadlock. Meschak Elia showed how it’s done with a cracker on 28 minutes. He unleashed an unstoppable drive into the far post giving Diarra no chance.
Mali had an effort moments after but Matampi was equal to task. Ibenge’s side this carried a lead into the break.
Elia scored again at the hour mark. He picked the ball on the left and dribbled past the keeper for an easy finish. The brace effectively put the match beyond Mali but there was still time for a third. TP Mazembe striker, Jonathan Bolingi netted the clincher to seal CHAN 2016 for DRC.
DRC becomes the first nation to win the CHAN tournament twice. The next win will be hosted by Kenya in 2018.