Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
DRC win CHAN 2016 after thrashing Mali
DRC clashed with surprise side Mali in the CHAN 2016 final. Mali started stronger at a packed Amahoro stadium but failed to break the deadlock. Meschak Elia showed how it’s done with a cracker on 28 minutes. He unleashed an unstoppable drive into the far post giving Diarra no chance.
Mali had an effort moments after but Matampi was equal to task. Ibenge’s side this carried a lead into the break.
Elia scored again at the hour mark. He picked the ball on the left and dribbled past the keeper for an easy finish. The brace effectively put the match beyond Mali but there was still time for a third. TP Mazembe striker, Jonathan Bolingi netted the clincher to seal CHAN 2016 for DRC.
DRC becomes the first nation to win the CHAN tournament twice. The next win will be hosted by Kenya in 2018.