Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
DRC win CHAN 2016 after thrashing Mali
DRC clashed with surprise side Mali in the CHAN 2016 final. Mali started stronger at a packed Amahoro stadium but failed to break the deadlock. Meschak Elia showed how it’s done with a cracker on 28 minutes. He unleashed an unstoppable drive into the far post giving Diarra no chance.
Mali had an effort moments after but Matampi was equal to task. Ibenge’s side this carried a lead into the break.
Elia scored again at the hour mark. He picked the ball on the left and dribbled past the keeper for an easy finish. The brace effectively put the match beyond Mali but there was still time for a third. TP Mazembe striker, Jonathan Bolingi netted the clincher to seal CHAN 2016 for DRC.
DRC becomes the first nation to win the CHAN tournament twice. The next win will be hosted by Kenya in 2018.