In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
DRC win CHAN 2016 after thrashing Mali
DRC clashed with surprise side Mali in the CHAN 2016 final. Mali started stronger at a packed Amahoro stadium but failed to break the deadlock. Meschak Elia showed how it’s done with a cracker on 28 minutes. He unleashed an unstoppable drive into the far post giving Diarra no chance.
Mali had an effort moments after but Matampi was equal to task. Ibenge’s side this carried a lead into the break.
Elia scored again at the hour mark. He picked the ball on the left and dribbled past the keeper for an easy finish. The brace effectively put the match beyond Mali but there was still time for a third. TP Mazembe striker, Jonathan Bolingi netted the clincher to seal CHAN 2016 for DRC.
DRC becomes the first nation to win the CHAN tournament twice. The next win will be hosted by Kenya in 2018.