Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Ghofran Zaki earns third taekwondo Rio spot for Egypt
Egypt’s taekwondo champion Ghofran Zaki secured a spot in the upcoming Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after finishing first in the 2016 African Qualification Tournament.
Zaki defeated Senegal player Balla Dieye 2-1 in the final of the men’s lightweight (68 kg) competition, held in Agadir, Morocco on the 6th and 7th of February.
The first two ranked athletes per weight secure a place each in the Summer Olympic Games.
Zaki reached the final after beating Moroccan Faical Saidi and Central African David Boui in the competition’s quarter-final and semi-final, respectively.
The 23-year-old is the third Egyptian taekwondo player to qualify for the 2016 Olympics, following Hedaya Malak and Seham Elsawalhy.
Malak qualified automatically as she is ranked among the top six players in the Olympic ranking, while Elsawahly secured a spot after winning the gold medal of the women’s welterweight category (67 kg) in the African Qualification Tournament.
Meanwhile, Egypt’s Seif Eissa failed to reach the tournament’s final after losing to Mali’s player in the semi-final of the men’s 80 kg competition.