Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Goldi’s Mohamed Zidane talks about Ibrahim Said’s impact on club
Goldi forward Mohamed Zidane spoke of Ibrahim Said’s impact on the club and the team’s ambitions this season.
Speaking to KingFut following the club’s friendly 1-1 draw against Misr El-Maqassa, Zidane laid his thoughts on the club’s progress.
“We are doing well in the league and hopefully we’ll get promoted next season,” said the former Dortmund star’s namesake.
Regarding the match against Maqassa, the 22-year-old stated: “The match was a good experience for everyone here. We gained a lot. Ibrahim Said managed to put around an excellent team with several players with Egyptian Premier league experience and we all care about him.
Zidane had previous spells with Ismail Youssef’s Entag El-Harby, as well as Damanhour last season but left following their relegation.
“Personally it was hard for me to move from the premier league to Goldi. It’s a hard step to take for any player but with Ibrahim Said as manager, I knew I would get some playing time, get back in shape and will have eyes on me.
“Ibrahim helps all his players and I was sure he will market me well for a bigger step. I know him on a personal level, he’s a very good person at heart and likes to help good players.
“Adding to that the media would’ve no doubt focused on the club since it’s Ibrahim Said managing. Therefor, all these factors made me choose to sign for his team although I had better opportunities at other clubs,” Zidane concluded.
Zidane previously featured for the Egyptian national team U20’s on three friendly occasions.