Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
VIDEO: Karim Hafez assists as Omonia beat league leaders
Egyptian defender Karim Hafez assisted to help AC Omonia beat league leaders AEK Larnaca 3-1 in the 22nd round of Cypriot League.
Karim Hafez was in action from the beginning as the Egyptian left-back missed a chance to give his team an early lead in the 8th minute. Hafez almost chipped Larnaca’s goalkeeper but it couldn’t find the net.
However, just four minutes later Omonia took the lead. Ziguy Badibanga’s cross from the right side found Luciano Bebe, who headed in the back of the net.
In the first minute of additional time, the visitors managed to equalize. Spanish midfielder Tete met a cross from the right side before striking a powerful shot with his left foot, leaving Omonia’s goalkeeper with no chance.
Eight minutes into the second half, Omonia were awarded a penalty as Andre Schembri was fouled by AEK Larnaca’s goalkeeper. The Maltese striker scored from the spot sending the goalkeeper the wrong way.
In the 64th minute, AEK Larnaca’s captain David Catala was sent off after he was shown a second yellow card following a foul on Andre Schembri.
Two minutes before full time, Karim Hafez was denied a penalty after he was pushed inside the box. However, in the 5th minute of added time, the 19-year-old Egyptian made a great effort from the left side before finding Andre Schembri, who scored his second goal of the game and secured Omonia’s three points. This was Hafez’s second assist in as many games, after helping Omonia defeat Pafos in the Cypriot Cup quarter-final earlier this week.
The win sends Omonia into fourth place with 40 points from 22 games, ahead of fifth placed Apollon Limasol, who still have a game in hand.