History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Malouda praises Hossam Hassan, explains decision to join Degla
Wadi Degla new signing and former Chelsea star Florent Malouda talked about his prior knowledge of Egyptian football, during a press conference on Sunday.
The former France international attacker recently joined Wadi Degla from Indian side Delhi Dynamos FC on a six-month deal.
“I knew of Al Ahly and Zamalek before I joined Wadi Degla. I also know the strength of the Egyptian national team within the African continent,” Malouda said during Wadi Degla’s press conference.
“I know about the former national team striker Hossam Hassan and I consider him a legend. I also know of Roma winger Mohamed Salah and I played against Mido when he was in Marseille,” Malouda said.
Malouda used to play for Olympique Lyon, when former Egypt national team striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ played for French side Olympique de Marseille.
The 35-year-old also stated that he felt safe when he arrived to Egypt, saying that he chose to join Degla in hopes of being part of their project.
“I joined Chelsea instead of Real Madrid because I am always looking for a project and a future, not only a history, which is the same philosophy that made me choose Degla,” Malouda said.
Club chairman Hassan El-Mestekawy added that Malouda would play a vital role in achieving part of the club’s dream. In addition, Degla’s French manager Patrice Carteron, who convinced Malouda to join Degla, expected for the former Chelsea player to succeed in Egypt.
Wadi Degla currently sit in the 12th place of the Egyptian Premier League table with 21 points. They are set to play against Zamalek on 14 February.