Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Malouda praises Hossam Hassan, explains decision to join Degla
Wadi Degla new signing and former Chelsea star Florent Malouda talked about his prior knowledge of Egyptian football, during a press conference on Sunday.
The former France international attacker recently joined Wadi Degla from Indian side Delhi Dynamos FC on a six-month deal.
“I know about the former national team striker Hossam Hassan and I consider him a legend. I also know of Roma winger Mohamed Salah and I played against Mido when he was in Marseille,” Malouda said.
Malouda used to play for Olympique Lyon, when former Egypt national team striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ played for French side Olympique de Marseille.
The 35-year-old also stated that he felt safe when he arrived to Egypt, saying that he chose to join Degla in hopes of being part of their project.
“I joined Chelsea instead of Real Madrid because I am always looking for a project and a future, not only a history, which is the same philosophy that made me choose Degla,” Malouda said.
Club chairman Hassan El-Mestekawy added that Malouda would play a vital role in achieving part of the club’s dream. In addition, Degla’s French manager Patrice Carteron, who convinced Malouda to join Degla, expected for the former Chelsea player to succeed in Egypt.
Wadi Degla currently sit in the 12th place of the Egyptian Premier League table with 21 points. They are set to play against Zamalek on 14 February.