Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Malouda praises Hossam Hassan, explains decision to join Degla
Wadi Degla new signing and former Chelsea star Florent Malouda talked about his prior knowledge of Egyptian football, during a press conference on Sunday.
The former France international attacker recently joined Wadi Degla from Indian side Delhi Dynamos FC on a six-month deal.
“I know about the former national team striker Hossam Hassan and I consider him a legend. I also know of Roma winger Mohamed Salah and I played against Mido when he was in Marseille,” Malouda said.
Malouda used to play for Olympique Lyon, when former Egypt national team striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ played for French side Olympique de Marseille.
The 35-year-old also stated that he felt safe when he arrived to Egypt, saying that he chose to join Degla in hopes of being part of their project.
“I joined Chelsea instead of Real Madrid because I am always looking for a project and a future, not only a history, which is the same philosophy that made me choose Degla,” Malouda said.
Club chairman Hassan El-Mestekawy added that Malouda would play a vital role in achieving part of the club’s dream. In addition, Degla’s French manager Patrice Carteron, who convinced Malouda to join Degla, expected for the former Chelsea player to succeed in Egypt.
Wadi Degla currently sit in the 12th place of the Egyptian Premier League table with 21 points. They are set to play against Zamalek on 14 February.