Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Mido names Zamalek squad for Cairo derby
Zamalek manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has announced the 19-man squad that will face Al Ahly in the Cairo derby in 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Tuesday.
The squad witnessed the absence of Zambia striker Emmanuel Mayuka, who recently joined the White Castle. Mayuka made his debut for Zamalek during their 1-0 loss against Ismaily.
Mido also excluded Mohamed Ibrahim, Mohamed Adel Gomaa and Mohamed Salem for technical reasons, while the team’s midfielder Tarek Hamed was excluded after he picked an injury during Smouha match.
Burkinabe defender Mohamed Koffi will miss the game due to suspension, after receiving a red card during Ismaily match.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh and Omar Salah.
Defenders: Omar Gaber, Hamada Tolba, Ali Gabr, Hazem Emam and Ahmed Dewidar.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ramzy Khaled, Moruf Yusuf, Ayman Hefni, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’, Mostafa Fathi, Mahmoud Kahraba and Ahmed Hamoudi.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek currently sit in the second place of the league table, four points away from league leaders Al Ahly. The point difference increased after Zamalek lost their previous match against Ismaily.