Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Mido names Zamalek squad for Cairo derby
Zamalek manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has announced the 19-man squad that will face Al Ahly in the Cairo derby in 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Tuesday.
The squad witnessed the absence of Zambia striker Emmanuel Mayuka, who recently joined the White Castle. Mayuka made his debut for Zamalek during their 1-0 loss against Ismaily.
Mido also excluded Mohamed Ibrahim, Mohamed Adel Gomaa and Mohamed Salem for technical reasons, while the team’s midfielder Tarek Hamed was excluded after he picked an injury during Smouha match.
Burkinabe defender Mohamed Koffi will miss the game due to suspension, after receiving a red card during Ismaily match.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh and Omar Salah.
Defenders: Omar Gaber, Hamada Tolba, Ali Gabr, Hazem Emam and Ahmed Dewidar.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ramzy Khaled, Moruf Yusuf, Ayman Hefni, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’, Mostafa Fathi, Mahmoud Kahraba and Ahmed Hamoudi.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek currently sit in the second place of the league table, four points away from league leaders Al Ahly. The point difference increased after Zamalek lost their previous match against Ismaily.