Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
EXCLUSIVE | Former Ismaily player Mohamed Essam joins Polish club
Mohamed Essam joined Polish club LKS Nadwislan Gora after leaving Al Nasr SC on mutual consent following the club’s relegation to Egypt’s second division last season.
The 22-year-old joined the Polish second division club a few days ago, after agreeing terms to a one-year contract with the club.
The forward is already familiar with Poland having spent a brief period at Polish powerhouse Legia Warsaw in 2013 coming from Wadi Degla.
Following the end of his spell at Legia Warsaw, the player returned to Egypt with Ismaily SC a year later, after signing for Finnish club FC Jazz, only to decide against the move and sign for the Dervishes.
Essam later joined Al Nasr SC last season but left the club after their relegation to the second division.
Essam, who can either play as a winger or supporting striker, has scored one goal for the Egypt U-20 side in the four matches he has featured.