Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Wigan win 2-0 as Sam Morsy makes full debut
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, who joined Wigan Athletic towards the end of the winter transfer window, started the match against Sheffield United on Saturday, marking his full debut with a 2-0 win for the visitors.
— Wigan Athletic (@LaticsOfficial) February 6, 2016
Will Grigg converted Wigan’s penalty into the net in the 52nd minute to get the visitors their first goal, and his eleventh of the season. Three minutes later Conor McAleny, who was also making his debut, scored as his shot went straight into the back of the net to double the visitors’ lead.
Sam Morsy played the full game for Wigan Athletic against Sheffield United, and adapted well to Wigan Athletic’s game.
Sam Morsy marshalled Wigan as if he'd been there all season on his 1st start today. Also some vital work in their box.
— Alan Biggs (@AlanBiggs1) February 6, 2016
The win took the Latics to join Gillingham with the same number of points, but Wigan’s advantage on goal difference sees them in third place. However, promotion hopefuls Wigan are just one point away from second and five points away from first in League One.