Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Wigan win 2-0 as Sam Morsy makes full debut
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, who joined Wigan Athletic towards the end of the winter transfer window, started the match against Sheffield United on Saturday, marking his full debut with a 2-0 win for the visitors.
— Wigan Athletic (@LaticsOfficial) February 6, 2016
Will Grigg converted Wigan’s penalty into the net in the 52nd minute to get the visitors their first goal, and his eleventh of the season. Three minutes later Conor McAleny, who was also making his debut, scored as his shot went straight into the back of the net to double the visitors’ lead.
Sam Morsy played the full game for Wigan Athletic against Sheffield United, and adapted well to Wigan Athletic’s game.
Sam Morsy marshalled Wigan as if he'd been there all season on his 1st start today. Also some vital work in their box.
— Alan Biggs (@AlanBiggs1) February 6, 2016
The win took the Latics to join Gillingham with the same number of points, but Wigan’s advantage on goal difference sees them in third place. However, promotion hopefuls Wigan are just one point away from second and five points away from first in League One.