Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Wigan win 2-0 as Sam Morsy makes full debut
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, who joined Wigan Athletic towards the end of the winter transfer window, started the match against Sheffield United on Saturday, marking his full debut with a 2-0 win for the visitors.
— Wigan Athletic (@LaticsOfficial) February 6, 2016
Will Grigg converted Wigan’s penalty into the net in the 52nd minute to get the visitors their first goal, and his eleventh of the season. Three minutes later Conor McAleny, who was also making his debut, scored as his shot went straight into the back of the net to double the visitors’ lead.
Sam Morsy played the full game for Wigan Athletic against Sheffield United, and adapted well to Wigan Athletic’s game.
Sam Morsy marshalled Wigan as if he'd been there all season on his 1st start today. Also some vital work in their box.
— Alan Biggs (@AlanBiggs1) February 6, 2016
The win took the Latics to join Gillingham with the same number of points, but Wigan’s advantage on goal difference sees them in third place. However, promotion hopefuls Wigan are just one point away from second and five points away from first in League One.