Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Wigan win 2-0 as Sam Morsy makes full debut
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, who joined Wigan Athletic towards the end of the winter transfer window, started the match against Sheffield United on Saturday, marking his full debut with a 2-0 win for the visitors.
— Wigan Athletic (@LaticsOfficial) February 6, 2016
Will Grigg converted Wigan’s penalty into the net in the 52nd minute to get the visitors their first goal, and his eleventh of the season. Three minutes later Conor McAleny, who was also making his debut, scored as his shot went straight into the back of the net to double the visitors’ lead.
Sam Morsy played the full game for Wigan Athletic against Sheffield United, and adapted well to Wigan Athletic’s game.
Sam Morsy marshalled Wigan as if he'd been there all season on his 1st start today. Also some vital work in their box.
— Alan Biggs (@AlanBiggs1) February 6, 2016
The win took the Latics to join Gillingham with the same number of points, but Wigan’s advantage on goal difference sees them in third place. However, promotion hopefuls Wigan are just one point away from second and five points away from first in League One.