Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Warda features in Panetolikos league defeat
Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda played the full 90 minutes as his side Panetolikos lost 2-0 away to Panionios FC in the 21st round of the Greek Super League on Monday.
After collecting 10 points out of the possible 12 in the past four matches, Panetolikos suffered their first defeat in more than a month.
The first half ended with a nil-nil score, as both teams failed to translate their chances into goals.
The Argentine defender Sebastian Rusculleda was sent off in the 52nd minute for receiving a second yellow card and Panetolikos were forced to play with 10 men for the remaining 38 minutes.
Panionios managed to take the lead 13 minutes after the red card. Substitute Karim Ansarifard scored his team’s first goal in the 65th minute, just five minutes after coming off the bench.
The hosts needed only five more minutes to double their lead, through a goal by the Greek striker Anastasios Karamanos, who is on loan from the league leaders Olympiacos FC.
Following Monday’s loss, Panetolikos sit in the seventh place with 26 points, while Panionios stayed in the fifth position with 34 points.
Warda’s side will host Levadiakos FC on 14 February in the 22nd round of the Greek Super League.