Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Warda features in Panetolikos league defeat
Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda played the full 90 minutes as his side Panetolikos lost 2-0 away to Panionios FC in the 21st round of the Greek Super League on Monday.
After collecting 10 points out of the possible 12 in the past four matches, Panetolikos suffered their first defeat in more than a month.
The first half ended with a nil-nil score, as both teams failed to translate their chances into goals.
The Argentine defender Sebastian Rusculleda was sent off in the 52nd minute for receiving a second yellow card and Panetolikos were forced to play with 10 men for the remaining 38 minutes.
Panionios managed to take the lead 13 minutes after the red card. Substitute Karim Ansarifard scored his team’s first goal in the 65th minute, just five minutes after coming off the bench.
The hosts needed only five more minutes to double their lead, through a goal by the Greek striker Anastasios Karamanos, who is on loan from the league leaders Olympiacos FC.
Following Monday’s loss, Panetolikos sit in the seventh place with 26 points, while Panionios stayed in the fifth position with 34 points.
Warda’s side will host Levadiakos FC on 14 February in the 22nd round of the Greek Super League.