AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
VIDEO: El Shaarawy assists as Roma defeat Sampdoria
Mohamed Salah played the full 90 minutes and Stephan El Shaarawy provided an assist as AS Roma defeated Sampdoria 2-1 in the 24th round of Serie A at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.
Goals from Alessandro Florenzi and new signing Diego Perotti gave the Giallorossi their third win in a row, as they now sit in the fifth place with 44 points.
Roma dominated the first half and maintained possession, while wasting several scoring chances.
In the 15th minute, Salah passed the ball on the edge of the box to Stephan El Shaarawy, who managed to dribble past his opponents but his shot was deflected off target.
Seven minutes later, El Shaarawy wasted a chance to score following a pass from Salah inside the box. However, El Shaarawy missed the target again.
At the 45-minute mark, Alessandro Florenzi broke the deadlock after heading in Stephan El Shaarawy’s deflected shot.
Five minutes into the second half, Diego Perotti doubled Roma’s lead following an assist from El Shaarawy. Il Faraone flicked a loose ball up for Perotti, who fired a volley beyond Sampdoria keeper Emiliano Viviano to open his account with Roma.
In the 57th minute, Sampdoria managed to slash the deficit after a shot from Fernando deflected off Roma’s Miralem Pjanic to sneak past Roma keeper Wojciech Szczesny.
El Shaarawy missed another scoring chance as he fired a shot wide of the post in the 73rd minute.
Four minutes to full time, Roma manager Luciano Spalletti brought on Iago Falque to replace El Shaarawy.
A late point-blank save from Wojciech Szczesny secured Roma the three points, as the Giallorossi keeper denied substitute Antonio Cassano.
Roma are scheduled to play against Carpi on 12 February.