Al-Ahli Tripoli qualified to the 2017 CAF Champions League round of 32 after...
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
VIDEO: El Shaarawy assists as Roma defeat Sampdoria
Mohamed Salah played the full 90 minutes and Stephan El Shaarawy provided an assist as AS Roma defeated Sampdoria 2-1 in the 24th round of Serie A at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.
Goals from Alessandro Florenzi and new signing Diego Perotti gave the Giallorossi their third win in a row, as they now sit in the fifth place with 44 points.
Roma dominated the first half and maintained possession, while wasting several scoring chances.
In the 15th minute, Salah passed the ball on the edge of the box to Stephan El Shaarawy, who managed to dribble past his opponents but his shot was deflected off target.
Seven minutes later, El Shaarawy wasted a chance to score following a pass from Salah inside the box. However, El Shaarawy missed the target again.
At the 45-minute mark, Alessandro Florenzi broke the deadlock after heading in Stephan El Shaarawy’s deflected shot.
Five minutes into the second half, Diego Perotti doubled Roma’s lead following an assist from El Shaarawy. Il Faraone flicked a loose ball up for Perotti, who fired a volley beyond Sampdoria keeper Emiliano Viviano to open his account with Roma.
In the 57th minute, Sampdoria managed to slash the deficit after a shot from Fernando deflected off Roma’s Miralem Pjanic to sneak past Roma keeper Wojciech Szczesny.
El Shaarawy missed another scoring chance as he fired a shot wide of the post in the 73rd minute.
Four minutes to full time, Roma manager Luciano Spalletti brought on Iago Falque to replace El Shaarawy.
A late point-blank save from Wojciech Szczesny secured Roma the three points, as the Giallorossi keeper denied substitute Antonio Cassano.
Roma are scheduled to play against Carpi on 12 February.