KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Hungarian referee to take charge of Cairo derby
The Egyptian Refereeing Committee appointed Hungarian referee Viktor Kassai to officiate the Cairo Derby, set to take place on Tuesday.
Al Ahly will play against archrivals Zamalek on 9 February in the 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League at Borg Al Arab Stadium.
Kassai, 40, refereed the 2011 UEFA Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United, which ended with a 3-1 win for the Spanish side.
He also officiated four matches in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, including the semi-final match between Germany and Spain, which saw the Spanish team win 1-0.
The Hungarian referee will be assisted by Vinsel Toth, György Ring and fourth official Adam Farkas in the upcoming derby match.
The game is expected to be tough, as title holders Zamalek sit in the second place, four points away from league leaders Al Ahly.