Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Hungarian referee to take charge of Cairo derby
The Egyptian Refereeing Committee appointed Hungarian referee Viktor Kassai to officiate the Cairo Derby, set to take place on Tuesday.
Al Ahly will play against archrivals Zamalek on 9 February in the 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League at Borg Al Arab Stadium.
Kassai, 40, refereed the 2011 UEFA Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United, which ended with a 3-1 win for the Spanish side.
He also officiated four matches in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, including the semi-final match between Germany and Spain, which saw the Spanish team win 1-0.
The Hungarian referee will be assisted by Vinsel Toth, György Ring and fourth official Adam Farkas in the upcoming derby match.
The game is expected to be tough, as title holders Zamalek sit in the second place, four points away from league leaders Al Ahly.