Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Mortada Mansour: 99.9% I will resign after Cairo derby
Mansour previously stated that he would resign from his position if the match will be hosted at Borg El-Arab stadium, a venue that Zamalek did not approve. However, Mansour went along with the decision after meeting with the minister of interior, Magdy Abdel Ghaffar.
“99.9% I will be submitting my resignation after the derby,” Mortada confirmed to Dream TV channel.
The controversial president assured that he did not resign before the match as he doesn’t want to stress players.
“The minister of interior’s point of view was that the match should not be played in Cairo because of the tension that arose between Al Ahly’s board and Ultras Ahlawy following the complications that happened during the Port Said massacre memorial.”
He added that the minister told him that If the match was canceled, it might be thought that it happened because of the group of fans that broke into the club, so for the sake of the country’s security, the match should be played in Alexandria.
“The meeting was not just about the derby but was also to discuss and find solutions to get fans back to the stadiums,” he concluded.
This is not the first time Mansour says the he will resign from his position, as he assured before that he won’t continue as the club’s president after celebrating the club’s win of the Egyptian Premier League last season.