History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Abdel-Shafy to undergo knee surgery
Egyptian left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will undergo knee surgery, according to Al Ahli Jeddah official website.
The former Zamalek player picked up an injury during Al Ahli’s previous match against Al-Khaleej FC on 5 February in the Saudi Professional League. He was subbed off at half time, after he sustained an injury in his right knee during the first half.
Scans revealed that the 30-year-old, who has previously suffered from a similar injury in his right knee, will have to undergo surgery.
According to the club’s official website, Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence will be determined following the surgery.
Al Ahli, who currently sit in the second position of the league table, drew 1-1 against Al-Khaleej FC in the 15th round of the Saudi professional League. They are set to face Al-Wehda on 10 February.