Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Abdel-Shafy to undergo knee surgery
Egyptian left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will undergo knee surgery, according to Al Ahli Jeddah official website.
The former Zamalek player picked up an injury during Al Ahli’s previous match against Al-Khaleej FC on 5 February in the Saudi Professional League. He was subbed off at half time, after he sustained an injury in his right knee during the first half.
Scans revealed that the 30-year-old, who has previously suffered from a similar injury in his right knee, will have to undergo surgery.
According to the club’s official website, Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence will be determined following the surgery.
Al Ahli, who currently sit in the second position of the league table, drew 1-1 against Al-Khaleej FC in the 15th round of the Saudi professional League. They are set to face Al-Wehda on 10 February.