Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Abdel-Shafy to undergo knee surgery
Egyptian left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will undergo knee surgery, according to Al Ahli Jeddah official website.
The former Zamalek player picked up an injury during Al Ahli’s previous match against Al-Khaleej FC on 5 February in the Saudi Professional League. He was subbed off at half time, after he sustained an injury in his right knee during the first half.
Scans revealed that the 30-year-old, who has previously suffered from a similar injury in his right knee, will have to undergo surgery.
According to the club’s official website, Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence will be determined following the surgery.
Al Ahli, who currently sit in the second position of the league table, drew 1-1 against Al-Khaleej FC in the 15th round of the Saudi professional League. They are set to face Al-Wehda on 10 February.