The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Abdel-Shafy to undergo knee surgery
Egyptian left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will undergo knee surgery, according to Al Ahli Jeddah official website.
The former Zamalek player picked up an injury during Al Ahli’s previous match against Al-Khaleej FC on 5 February in the Saudi Professional League. He was subbed off at half time, after he sustained an injury in his right knee during the first half.
Scans revealed that the 30-year-old, who has previously suffered from a similar injury in his right knee, will have to undergo surgery.
According to the club’s official website, Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence will be determined following the surgery.
Al Ahli, who currently sit in the second position of the league table, drew 1-1 against Al-Khaleej FC in the 15th round of the Saudi professional League. They are set to face Al-Wehda on 10 February.