Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Abdel-Shafy to undergo knee surgery
Egyptian left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will undergo knee surgery, according to Al Ahli Jeddah official website.
The former Zamalek player picked up an injury during Al Ahli’s previous match against Al-Khaleej FC on 5 February in the Saudi Professional League. He was subbed off at half time, after he sustained an injury in his right knee during the first half.
Scans revealed that the 30-year-old, who has previously suffered from a similar injury in his right knee, will have to undergo surgery.
According to the club’s official website, Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence will be determined following the surgery.
Al Ahli, who currently sit in the second position of the league table, drew 1-1 against Al-Khaleej FC in the 15th round of the Saudi professional League. They are set to face Al-Wehda on 10 February.