Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
VIDEO: Koka scores in Braga’s 2-0 win against Estoril
Late Goals from Rui Fonte and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ were enough for Sporting Clube de Braga to seal a two-goal win against Estoril.
The home side sealed a late 2-0 win against Estoril in the Primeira Liga, with the three points keeping them in the race of chasing FC Porto – currently a 7-point difference.
The first half was quite as SC Braga held possession and kept pressing on Estoril, with no effective outcome on goal, which saw the first half end as a goalless draw.
In the second half, Braga did some tactical substitutions as Egypt striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and Alan came on for Stojiljković and Jouse. The team continued to dominate the match possession as their search for a goal continued.
Finally in the 80th minute, Rui Fonte found the back of the net for Braga with a header off a free-kick, to put the home side 1-0 ahead of Estoril.
Three minutes later, Koka secured the win for the hosts with a wonderful finish in the 83rd minute, the towering Egyptian striker’s 7th league goal of the season, as the match ended 2-0.
Sporting Braga are currently fourth with 39 points, seven points behind FC Porto, while Estoril are eleventh with 23 points.
Highlights of the goals: