Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Mortada: Zamalek will appoint a foreign manager
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour affirmed that Zamalek next manager will be a foreigner after the departure of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ on Tuesday.
Mido, who was appointed last January, has been sacked as the Zamalek manager after losing against Al Ahly 2-0 in the Egyptian Premier League on Tuesday.
“Zamalek will appoint a foreign manager in the near future,” Mortada Mansour told NileSport.
“The decision to sack Mido was almost taken after the Ismaily defeat; Zamalek have been playing so bad for maybe six or seven games.
Several reports circulated linking the Former Egyptian national team manager Hassan Shehata to the job, but Mortada said that he can’t appoint him mid-way through the season.
“Regarding all the speculation that Hassan Shehata will be the upcoming coach, I just can’t appoint such a high-profile manager mid-way through the season. It would be unfair,” Mortada added.
“Unlike what’s been widely rumored that I’ve been interfering in the management’s job, I never intervened at all. I even learned of today’s starting line-up from the media.
“In all cases, we will hold an emergency meeting within an hour or so to decide who’ll be the upcoming coach.”
The White Castle will be looking for the fourth manager this season after Jesualdo Ferreira who departed for Qatari club Al Sadd SC, Marcos Paquetá and Mido.
Zamalek next game will be against Wadi Degla in the Egyptian Premier League on the 14th of February.