Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mortada: Zamalek will appoint a foreign manager
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour affirmed that Zamalek next manager will be a foreigner after the departure of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ on Tuesday.
Mido, who was appointed last January, has been sacked as the Zamalek manager after losing against Al Ahly 2-0 in the Egyptian Premier League on Tuesday.
“Zamalek will appoint a foreign manager in the near future,” Mortada Mansour told NileSport.
“The decision to sack Mido was almost taken after the Ismaily defeat; Zamalek have been playing so bad for maybe six or seven games.
Several reports circulated linking the Former Egyptian national team manager Hassan Shehata to the job, but Mortada said that he can’t appoint him mid-way through the season.
“Regarding all the speculation that Hassan Shehata will be the upcoming coach, I just can’t appoint such a high-profile manager mid-way through the season. It would be unfair,” Mortada added.
“Unlike what’s been widely rumored that I’ve been interfering in the management’s job, I never intervened at all. I even learned of today’s starting line-up from the media.
“In all cases, we will hold an emergency meeting within an hour or so to decide who’ll be the upcoming coach.”
The White Castle will be looking for the fourth manager this season after Jesualdo Ferreira who departed for Qatari club Al Sadd SC, Marcos Paquetá and Mido.
Zamalek next game will be against Wadi Degla in the Egyptian Premier League on the 14th of February.