Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Egypt to face Burkina Faso at Borg El-Arab Stadium
The Egyptian national team will play their upcoming friendly against Burkina Faso at Borg El-Arab Stadium, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) website.
The EFA board previously announced that the national team will face Burkina Faso on 27 February, in preparation for the 2017 AFCON qualifiers.
The board revealed during their meeting on Wednesday that 3,000 supporters would be allowed to attend the upcoming friendly match.
In addition, the board agreed that EFA chairman Gamal Allam will head the national team delegation that will travel to Nigeria in March, to face the Super Eagles in the 2017 Cup of Nations’ qualifiers.
The Pharaohs currently lead Group G with six points, two points clear of second-placed Nigeria.
During the meeting, the EFA also decided to organise two friendlies for the U-17 national team during their camp in Dubai between 15 and 22 February, as they prepare for the 2017 U-17 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The board also announced the appointment of U-17 women national team coach Mohamed Mostafa, as the manager of the women’s first team.
The board recommended calling up several U-17 players for the women’s first team upcoming friendlies against Libya. The EFA hope the matches will acts as a preparation for the U-17 players, who will face Cameroon in mid-March in the final qualifying round for the U-17 Women’s World Cup held in Jordan.