Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Egypt to face Burkina Faso at Borg El-Arab Stadium
The Egyptian national team will play their upcoming friendly against Burkina Faso at Borg El-Arab Stadium, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) website.
The EFA board previously announced that the national team will face Burkina Faso on 27 February, in preparation for the 2017 AFCON qualifiers.
The board revealed during their meeting on Wednesday that 3,000 supporters would be allowed to attend the upcoming friendly match.
In addition, the board agreed that EFA chairman Gamal Allam will head the national team delegation that will travel to Nigeria in March, to face the Super Eagles in the 2017 Cup of Nations’ qualifiers.
The Pharaohs currently lead Group G with six points, two points clear of second-placed Nigeria.
During the meeting, the EFA also decided to organise two friendlies for the U-17 national team during their camp in Dubai between 15 and 22 February, as they prepare for the 2017 U-17 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The board also announced the appointment of U-17 women national team coach Mohamed Mostafa, as the manager of the women’s first team.
The board recommended calling up several U-17 players for the women’s first team upcoming friendlies against Libya. The EFA hope the matches will acts as a preparation for the U-17 players, who will face Cameroon in mid-March in the final qualifying round for the U-17 Women’s World Cup held in Jordan.