Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Zamalek sack Mido, appoint Salah as caretaker manager
Zamalek have announced the sacking of manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, following the team’s 2-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Cairo derby on Tuesday.
Al Ahly defeated Zamalek in the 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League, widening the gap between the two teams to seven points. Tuesday’s loss recorded Zamalek’s second consecutive defeat, as they lost 1-0 to Ismaily.
Following the match, Zamalek board decided to sack Mido and football director Hazem Emam. General coach Mohamed Salah will take over as interim manager, until the board appoints a foreign manager.
Mido took over at Zamalek earlier in January, following the sacking of Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta. He led the team to win four matches in a row, before drawing with Smouha and losing to Ismaily and Al Ahly.
The next manager will be Zamalek’s fourth coach this season, after the departure of Jesualdo Ferreira, sacking of Paqueta and Mido.
Zamalek, who sit in the second place with 31 points, will play against Wadi Degla on Sunday.