Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Zamalek sack Mido, appoint Salah as caretaker manager
Zamalek have announced the sacking of manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, following the team’s 2-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Cairo derby on Tuesday.
Al Ahly defeated Zamalek in the 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League, widening the gap between the two teams to seven points. Tuesday’s loss recorded Zamalek’s second consecutive defeat, as they lost 1-0 to Ismaily.
Following the match, Zamalek board decided to sack Mido and football director Hazem Emam. General coach Mohamed Salah will take over as interim manager, until the board appoints a foreign manager.
Mido took over at Zamalek earlier in January, following the sacking of Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta. He led the team to win four matches in a row, before drawing with Smouha and losing to Ismaily and Al Ahly.
The next manager will be Zamalek’s fourth coach this season, after the departure of Jesualdo Ferreira, sacking of Paqueta and Mido.
Zamalek, who sit in the second place with 31 points, will play against Wadi Degla on Sunday.