Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Zamalek sack Mido, appoint Salah as caretaker manager
Zamalek have announced the sacking of manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, following the team’s 2-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Cairo derby on Tuesday.
Al Ahly defeated Zamalek in the 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League, widening the gap between the two teams to seven points. Tuesday’s loss recorded Zamalek’s second consecutive defeat, as they lost 1-0 to Ismaily.
Following the match, Zamalek board decided to sack Mido and football director Hazem Emam. General coach Mohamed Salah will take over as interim manager, until the board appoints a foreign manager.
Mido took over at Zamalek earlier in January, following the sacking of Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta. He led the team to win four matches in a row, before drawing with Smouha and losing to Ismaily and Al Ahly.
The next manager will be Zamalek’s fourth coach this season, after the departure of Jesualdo Ferreira, sacking of Paqueta and Mido.
Zamalek, who sit in the second place with 31 points, will play against Wadi Degla on Sunday.