Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Zamalek sack Mido, appoint Salah as caretaker manager
Zamalek have announced the sacking of manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, following the team’s 2-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Cairo derby on Tuesday.
Al Ahly defeated Zamalek in the 17th round of the Egyptian Premier League, widening the gap between the two teams to seven points. Tuesday’s loss recorded Zamalek’s second consecutive defeat, as they lost 1-0 to Ismaily.
Following the match, Zamalek board decided to sack Mido and football director Hazem Emam. General coach Mohamed Salah will take over as interim manager, until the board appoints a foreign manager.
Mido took over at Zamalek earlier in January, following the sacking of Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta. He led the team to win four matches in a row, before drawing with Smouha and losing to Ismaily and Al Ahly.
The next manager will be Zamalek’s fourth coach this season, after the departure of Jesualdo Ferreira, sacking of Paqueta and Mido.
Zamalek, who sit in the second place with 31 points, will play against Wadi Degla on Sunday.