Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Mahmoud Taher: Zizo could stay till end of the season
Zizo has taken over as Al Ahly interim manager after the departure of former coach Jose Peseiro, and since then the team have been on a fine form beating the likes of Ismaily, Ittihad, ENPPI and Zamalek.
“Being the director of the football sector in the club, we would like to know Zizo’s opinion whether he prefers to stay till the end of the season as the coach or sign a new foreign manager,” Taher told journalists on Thursday.
“I am going to present Zizo’s point of view on the board and decide on what is next,” he added.
Al Ahly are currently on the top of the Egyptian league table with 38 points, seven points ahead of the closest opponent and city rivals Zamalek.