Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Aswan president: We are forfeiting the league
Aswan president Hassan Abdel-Kader has declared on Thursday that the club will forfeit the Egyptian Premier League after the conclusion of the competition’s first round.
Aswan are occupying the eleventh position in the standings 22 points out off five wins, seven draws and 5 defeats.
Nevertheless, the newly-promoted side is finding financial difficulties that prevent the club’s continuance in the league.
“I announce that we [Aswan] are withdrawing from participating in the league. We are completely ignored from all the country’s officials,” Abdel-Kader told ON TV channel.
“We can’t fulfill any of our financial commitments and everyone is escaping the responsibility. We are forfeiting because of the tough financial crisis we have been through during the previous period,” he concluded.