Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Aswan president: We are forfeiting the league
Aswan president Hassan Abdel-Kader has declared on Thursday that the club will forfeit the Egyptian Premier League after the conclusion of the competition’s first round.
Aswan are occupying the eleventh position in the standings 22 points out off five wins, seven draws and 5 defeats.
Nevertheless, the newly-promoted side is finding financial difficulties that prevent the club’s continuance in the league.
“I announce that we [Aswan] are withdrawing from participating in the league. We are completely ignored from all the country’s officials,” Abdel-Kader told ON TV channel.
“We can’t fulfill any of our financial commitments and everyone is escaping the responsibility. We are forfeiting because of the tough financial crisis we have been through during the previous period,” he concluded.