Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
Aswan president: We are forfeiting the league
Aswan president Hassan Abdel-Kader has declared on Thursday that the club will forfeit the Egyptian Premier League after the conclusion of the competition’s first round.
Aswan are occupying the eleventh position in the standings 22 points out off five wins, seven draws and 5 defeats.
Nevertheless, the newly-promoted side is finding financial difficulties that prevent the club’s continuance in the league.
“I announce that we [Aswan] are withdrawing from participating in the league. We are completely ignored from all the country’s officials,” Abdel-Kader told ON TV channel.
“We can’t fulfill any of our financial commitments and everyone is escaping the responsibility. We are forfeiting because of the tough financial crisis we have been through during the previous period,” he concluded.