Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Aswan president: We are forfeiting the league
Aswan president Hassan Abdel-Kader has declared on Thursday that the club will forfeit the Egyptian Premier League after the conclusion of the competition’s first round.
Aswan are occupying the eleventh position in the standings 22 points out off five wins, seven draws and 5 defeats.
Nevertheless, the newly-promoted side is finding financial difficulties that prevent the club’s continuance in the league.
“I announce that we [Aswan] are withdrawing from participating in the league. We are completely ignored from all the country’s officials,” Abdel-Kader told ON TV channel.
“We can’t fulfill any of our financial commitments and everyone is escaping the responsibility. We are forfeiting because of the tough financial crisis we have been through during the previous period,” he concluded.