Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Aswan retract decision to forfeit league
Aswan SC board went back on their decision to forfeit the Egyptian Premier League after the conclusion of the competition’s first round.
Club chairman Hassan Abdel-Kader announced earlier on Thursday that his club will forfeit the league due to failing to fulfill their financial commitments.
“I announce that we [Aswan] are withdrawing from participating in the league. We are completely ignored from all the country’s officials,” Abdel-Kader told ONTV channel.
“We can’t fulfill any of our financial commitments and everyone is escaping the responsibility. We are forfeiting because of the tough financial crisis we have been through during the previous period,” he added.
Later on Thursday, the board decided to continue the league after the minister of youth and sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz promised to provide the club with the needed financial support.
Despite the minister’s promise, the club announced on their Facebook page launching a donation campaign to support the team.
“The club will start accepting donations amid the officials’ negligence for the club’s financial problems,” the Facebook post read.
The club’s withdrawal statements coincided with the team’s 1-0 victory over Ittihad of Alexandria in the gameweek 18 on Thursday. The team currently occupy the eleventh position in the league standings with 22 points, after five wins, seven draws and six defeats.
The newly-promoted team will play away against Zamalek 18 February.