Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Egypt announce squad for modern pentathlon WC in Cairo
The Egyptian Modern Pentathlon Federation announced the names of 22 players, who will represent Egypt in the upcoming World Cup schedule to take place in Cairo.
Egypt will host the UIPM 2016 Modern Pentathlon World Cup #1 during the period between 24 February and 28 February at the Cairo International Stadium.
The points collected by the players during the upcoming competition will count towards the players’ world rankings, which act as one of the qualification methods for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The tournament will witness the participation of 36 countries including the USA, Germany, France and England.
Amr El-Geziry, who sit fifth in the world ranking, is among 12 players who will represent Egypt in the men’s competition. The list includes Omar El-Geziry, Eslam Hamed, Yasser Hefny, Ahmed Khaled, Sherif Yasser, Ahmed Shahin, Abdel-Rahman Qorany, Youssef Hassan, Omar Hany, Sherif Nazeir and Mohannad Yasser.
Egypt’s pentathlon icon Aya Medany comes on top of the women’s list, along with 11 other Egyptian players. The list includes Haidy Morsy, Mariam Amer, Salma Abdel-Maksoud, Reem Yaqout, Sondos Abu-Bakr, Nada Diaa, Nadeen Youssef, Nour Abbas, Noureen El Gamal, Hana Ehab, and Maram Yasser.