Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Egypt announce squad for modern pentathlon WC in Cairo
The Egyptian Modern Pentathlon Federation announced the names of 22 players, who will represent Egypt in the upcoming World Cup schedule to take place in Cairo.
Egypt will host the UIPM 2016 Modern Pentathlon World Cup #1 during the period between 24 February and 28 February at the Cairo International Stadium.
The points collected by the players during the upcoming competition will count towards the players’ world rankings, which act as one of the qualification methods for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The tournament will witness the participation of 36 countries including the USA, Germany, France and England.
Amr El-Geziry, who sit fifth in the world ranking, is among 12 players who will represent Egypt in the men’s competition. The list includes Omar El-Geziry, Eslam Hamed, Yasser Hefny, Ahmed Khaled, Sherif Yasser, Ahmed Shahin, Abdel-Rahman Qorany, Youssef Hassan, Omar Hany, Sherif Nazeir and Mohannad Yasser.
Egypt’s pentathlon icon Aya Medany comes on top of the women’s list, along with 11 other Egyptian players. The list includes Haidy Morsy, Mariam Amer, Salma Abdel-Maksoud, Reem Yaqout, Sondos Abu-Bakr, Nada Diaa, Nadeen Youssef, Nour Abbas, Noureen El Gamal, Hana Ehab, and Maram Yasser.