Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
VIDEO: Gedo scores hat-trick as Entag sink Ismaily
Former Egypt international forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ scored a hat-trick to lead Entag El-Harby defeat Ismaily 3-0 in the 18th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday.
The 31-year-old scored all three goals in the second half; he opened the scoring in the 58th minute, doubled the team’s lead in the 79th minute, before completing his hat-trick with a penalty in the second minute of the added time.
Gedo rose to fame during the 2010 African Cup of Nations, after he scored five goals to become the tournament’s top scorer.
“I guess Gedo deserves to be observed by national team manager Hector Cuper, because he [Gedo] has experience that’s highly needed by the national team,” Gharib said.
Entag currently occupy the seventh position in the league table with 25 points, three points clear of Ismaily who lie in the 10th position.
Ismaily’s loss against Entag records their first defeat under the leadership of Khaled El-Qamash, after they defeated Zamalek and drew with Aswan, respectively.
The dervishes are set to face Arab Contractors, while Entag El-Harby will play against Ittihad of Alexandria on 16 February.