Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
VIDEO: Gedo scores hat-trick as Entag sink Ismaily
Former Egypt international forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ scored a hat-trick to lead Entag El-Harby defeat Ismaily 3-0 in the 18th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday.
The 31-year-old scored all three goals in the second half; he opened the scoring in the 58th minute, doubled the team’s lead in the 79th minute, before completing his hat-trick with a penalty in the second minute of the added time.
Former Egypt national team manager and current Entag coach Shawky Gharib praised Gedo’s performance following the match, saying that the player “has regained his 2010 form”.
Gedo rose to fame during the 2010 African Cup of Nations, after he scored five goals to become the tournament’s top scorer.
“I guess Gedo deserves to be observed by national team manager Hector Cuper, because he [Gedo] has experience that’s highly needed by the national team,” Gharib said.
Entag currently occupy the seventh position in the league table with 25 points, three points clear of Ismaily who lie in the 10th position.
Ismaily’s loss against Entag records their first defeat under the leadership of Khaled El-Qamash, after they defeated Zamalek and drew with Aswan, respectively.
The dervishes are set to face Arab Contractors, while Entag El-Harby will play against Ittihad of Alexandria on 16 February.