Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
VIDEO: Gedo scores hat-trick as Entag sink Ismaily
Former Egypt international forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ scored a hat-trick to lead Entag El-Harby defeat Ismaily 3-0 in the 18th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday.
The 31-year-old scored all three goals in the second half; he opened the scoring in the 58th minute, doubled the team’s lead in the 79th minute, before completing his hat-trick with a penalty in the second minute of the added time.
Gedo rose to fame during the 2010 African Cup of Nations, after he scored five goals to become the tournament’s top scorer.
“I guess Gedo deserves to be observed by national team manager Hector Cuper, because he [Gedo] has experience that’s highly needed by the national team,” Gharib said.
Entag currently occupy the seventh position in the league table with 25 points, three points clear of Ismaily who lie in the 10th position.
Ismaily’s loss against Entag records their first defeat under the leadership of Khaled El-Qamash, after they defeated Zamalek and drew with Aswan, respectively.
The dervishes are set to face Arab Contractors, while Entag El-Harby will play against Ittihad of Alexandria on 16 February.