Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
VIDEO: Gedo scores hat-trick as Entag sink Ismaily
Former Egypt international forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ scored a hat-trick to lead Entag El-Harby defeat Ismaily 3-0 in the 18th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday.
The 31-year-old scored all three goals in the second half; he opened the scoring in the 58th minute, doubled the team’s lead in the 79th minute, before completing his hat-trick with a penalty in the second minute of the added time.
Gedo rose to fame during the 2010 African Cup of Nations, after he scored five goals to become the tournament’s top scorer.
“I guess Gedo deserves to be observed by national team manager Hector Cuper, because he [Gedo] has experience that’s highly needed by the national team,” Gharib said.
Entag currently occupy the seventh position in the league table with 25 points, three points clear of Ismaily who lie in the 10th position.
Ismaily’s loss against Entag records their first defeat under the leadership of Khaled El-Qamash, after they defeated Zamalek and drew with Aswan, respectively.
The dervishes are set to face Arab Contractors, while Entag El-Harby will play against Ittihad of Alexandria on 16 February.