Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Al Ahly receive Russian offer for Malick Evouna
The Gabonese player, who scored for his side in the Cairo derby, has received a lucrative offer from a Russian team, but Sayed Abdel-Hafiz confirmed that they won’t accept any offer for the player.
”We have received a tempting offer from a Russian club to sign Malick Evouna,” Sayed Abdel-Hafiz told MBC.
“It’s difficult to accept the offer because he hasn’t benefited the club yet and also we can’t replace him until the transfer window opens in July.”
Abdel-Hafiz: Al Ahly have no intention in selling Evouna
Meanwhile, Al Ahly’s director of football has said the club is not intending to let the Gabon international leave.
Abdel-Hafiz confessed that the Red Devils received a verbal offer from a Russian club through an intermediary . However, the former Al Ahly right back stressed that the club wants to keep Evouna and are not willing to discuss any proposals for him in the time being.
The 23-year-old only joined Al Ahly last summer after making a reported €2m switch from Moroccan side Wydad Casablanca. The Gabonese played 18 games for the Cairo giants scoring 9 goals.
Al Ahly are currently top of the Premier League with 38 points from 16 games and their next game will be against Tala’a El-Gaish on Saturday January 13.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 10, 2016