An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
El-Shorta sack manager Fathi Mabrouk
The decision to relieve the ex-Al Ahly manager of his duties came after El-Shorta’s 1-0 loss to Petrojet in game week 17, which kept El-Shorta in the relegation zone with ten points.
The 64-year-old took charge of the El-Shorta in late November of 2015, with the side failing to win a single match, and managed the side in 12 games, continuing the winless streak. Mabrouk’s predecessor, Khaled El-Qamash, resigned after failing to win any of his five games.
El-Shorta is reportedly starting talks with former Enppi manager Hany Ramzy to take over the vacant position in an attempt to rescue the club from relegation.