Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
El-Shorta sack manager Fathi Mabrouk
The decision to relieve the ex-Al Ahly manager of his duties came after El-Shorta’s 1-0 loss to Petrojet in game week 17, which kept El-Shorta in the relegation zone with ten points.
The 64-year-old took charge of the El-Shorta in late November of 2015, with the side failing to win a single match, and managed the side in 12 games, continuing the winless streak. Mabrouk’s predecessor, Khaled El-Qamash, resigned after failing to win any of his five games.
El-Shorta is reportedly starting talks with former Enppi manager Hany Ramzy to take over the vacant position in an attempt to rescue the club from relegation.