Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
El-Shorta sack manager Fathi Mabrouk
The decision to relieve the ex-Al Ahly manager of his duties came after El-Shorta’s 1-0 loss to Petrojet in game week 17, which kept El-Shorta in the relegation zone with ten points.
The 64-year-old took charge of the El-Shorta in late November of 2015, with the side failing to win a single match, and managed the side in 12 games, continuing the winless streak. Mabrouk’s predecessor, Khaled El-Qamash, resigned after failing to win any of his five games.
El-Shorta is reportedly starting talks with former Enppi manager Hany Ramzy to take over the vacant position in an attempt to rescue the club from relegation.