Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
El-Shorta sack manager Fathi Mabrouk
The decision to relieve the ex-Al Ahly manager of his duties came after El-Shorta’s 1-0 loss to Petrojet in game week 17, which kept El-Shorta in the relegation zone with ten points.
The 64-year-old took charge of the El-Shorta in late November of 2015, with the side failing to win a single match, and managed the side in 12 games, continuing the winless streak. Mabrouk’s predecessor, Khaled El-Qamash, resigned after failing to win any of his five games.
El-Shorta is reportedly starting talks with former Enppi manager Hany Ramzy to take over the vacant position in an attempt to rescue the club from relegation.