KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Tennis: Egyptians through to next stage in African Championship
Lamis Al-Hussein, Youssef Hossam and Mohamed Abdel-Aziz keep up Egyptian hope in the African Junior Tennis Championship and are through to the next stage.
Lamis has beat her Burundian counterpart Sada Nahimana 6-3 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the African Junior Tennis Championship held in Tunis, Tunisia.
She is set to face South African Zani Barnard in the semi-final who beat the other Egyptian, Dalia Saad, in the tournament 7-5 2-6 6-3.
The other singles competitor Youssef Hossam, who’s ranked number one in Africa, has beat fellow Egyptian Omar El-Kady 6-4 6-4 in the quarter-finals.
Youssef is set to face South African Richard Thongoana, who’s ranked number four in Africa, in the semi-finals of the tournament.
In the doubles category, the duo of Mohamed Abdel-Aziz and Youssef Hossam have beaten the Tunisian duo Mohamed Bellalouna and Youssef Dabbabi 6-7(5) 6-2 10-4 and are through to the final.
They will face South African duo Damon Kesaris and Richard Thongoana in the final.