Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Women’s volleyball: Egypt draw Algeria
The African qualification tournament for the 2016 women’s Olympic games will be held in Yaoundé, Cameroon, from 12 to 19 February 2016.
Egypt are drawn in group B that joins Algeria, Uganda and Botswana, The top two of each group will qualify to the semi-final.
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games, while the second and third will play in World Olympic qualification tournament in Tokyo, Japan.
Group A: Cameroon – Kenya – Tunisia
Group B: Egypt – Algeria – Uganda – Botswana
Egypt will face first Uganda on February 12, before playing against Botswana and Algeria on the 13th and 14th of February respectively.
It’s worth noting that the Egyptian men’s national volleyball team have qualified for the 2016 summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro after beating Tunisia 3-2 in the final.