Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Women’s volleyball: Egypt draw Algeria
Egypt women’s volleyball national team have been placed in Group B alongside rivals Algeria for 2016 Olympic games qualifiers.
The African qualification tournament for the 2016 women’s Olympic games will be held in Yaoundé, Cameroon, from 12 to 19 February 2016.
Egypt are drawn in group B that joins Algeria, Uganda and Botswana, The top two of each group will qualify to the semi-final.
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games, while the second and third will play in World Olympic qualification tournament in Tokyo, Japan.
Group A: Cameroon – Kenya – Tunisia
Group B: Egypt – Algeria – Uganda – Botswana
Egypt will face first Uganda on February 12, before playing against Botswana and Algeria on the 13th and 14th of February respectively.
It’s worth noting that the Egyptian men’s national volleyball team have qualified for the 2016 summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro after beating Tunisia 3-2 in the final.