Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Women’s volleyball: Egypt draw Algeria
Egypt women’s volleyball national team have been placed in Group B alongside rivals Algeria for 2016 Olympic games qualifiers.
The African qualification tournament for the 2016 women’s Olympic games will be held in Yaoundé, Cameroon, from 12 to 19 February 2016.
Egypt are drawn in group B that joins Algeria, Uganda and Botswana, The top two of each group will qualify to the semi-final.
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games, while the second and third will play in World Olympic qualification tournament in Tokyo, Japan.
Group A: Cameroon – Kenya – Tunisia
Group B: Egypt – Algeria – Uganda – Botswana
Egypt will face first Uganda on February 12, before playing against Botswana and Algeria on the 13th and 14th of February respectively.
It’s worth noting that the Egyptian men’s national volleyball team have qualified for the 2016 summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro after beating Tunisia 3-2 in the final.