Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Egypt-Nigeria AFCON qualifier to be played in Kaduna
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) has chosen the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna as the site of their 2017 AFCON qualifier against Egypt in March.
The NFF had chosen the Ahmadu Bello stadium as the preferred choice for the match, but it was not inspected and approved until today. The stadium holds 16,000 people.
“We have seen every part of the stadium, and it seems ready for the Eagles-Pharaohs clash, but there is still some work to be done to ensure we have a perfect atmosphere come March 26th,” NFF General Secretary, Sanusi Mohammed told the NFF official website.
The NFF’s request to push the clash back three days was granted by FIFA. Thus, the first leg will be held in Nigeria on March 26th. The return leg will be held in Egypt on the 29th of the same month.
The Pharaohs are first in their group, with six points from their two matches. Nigeria is in second place, with four points from their two matches. The other two teams in the group are Tanzania and Chad.
It should be noted that Egyptian manager Héctor Cúper said that he has already decided on his starting line-up for the all-important match-up, based on what he saw in the most recent national team camp.