The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Egypt women’s volleyball team advance to semifinals of Rio qualifiers
The Egyptian women’s volleyball team defeated Botswana three sets to zero to advance to the semifinals of the Rio Olympics qualifiers.
The qualifiers, being held in Cameroon, started earlier this week. Egypt is in group B, along with Algeria, Botswana, and Uganda. In their first match, the Egyptian women defeated Uganda 3-0, while Algeria defeated Botswana 3-0.
On Saturday evening, the fixtures flipped, but brought along the same results. Egypt defeated Botswana 3-0, and Algeria defeated Uganda 3-0. Both Egypt and Algeria advanced to the semi-finals, with Egypt earning first place in the group due to their superior points ratio.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.