The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Egypt women’s volleyball team advance to semifinals of Rio qualifiers
The Egyptian women’s volleyball team defeated Botswana three sets to zero to advance to the semifinals of the Rio Olympics qualifiers.
The qualifiers, being held in Cameroon, started earlier this week. Egypt is in group B, along with Algeria, Botswana, and Uganda. In their first match, the Egyptian women defeated Uganda 3-0, while Algeria defeated Botswana 3-0.
On Saturday evening, the fixtures flipped, but brought along the same results. Egypt defeated Botswana 3-0, and Algeria defeated Uganda 3-0. Both Egypt and Algeria advanced to the semi-finals, with Egypt earning first place in the group due to their superior points ratio.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.