The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
Egypt women’s volleyball team advance to semifinals of Rio qualifiers
The Egyptian women’s volleyball team defeated Botswana three sets to zero to advance to the semifinals of the Rio Olympics qualifiers.
The qualifiers, being held in Cameroon, started earlier this week. Egypt is in group B, along with Algeria, Botswana, and Uganda. In their first match, the Egyptian women defeated Uganda 3-0, while Algeria defeated Botswana 3-0.
On Saturday evening, the fixtures flipped, but brought along the same results. Egypt defeated Botswana 3-0, and Algeria defeated Uganda 3-0. Both Egypt and Algeria advanced to the semi-finals, with Egypt earning first place in the group due to their superior points ratio.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.