Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
Egypt women’s volleyball team advance to semifinals of Rio qualifiers
The Egyptian women’s volleyball team defeated Botswana three sets to zero to advance to the semifinals of the Rio Olympics qualifiers.
The qualifiers, being held in Cameroon, started earlier this week. Egypt is in group B, along with Algeria, Botswana, and Uganda. In their first match, the Egyptian women defeated Uganda 3-0, while Algeria defeated Botswana 3-0.
On Saturday evening, the fixtures flipped, but brought along the same results. Egypt defeated Botswana 3-0, and Algeria defeated Uganda 3-0. Both Egypt and Algeria advanced to the semi-finals, with Egypt earning first place in the group due to their superior points ratio.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.