KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Egypt women’s volleyball team advance to semifinals of Rio qualifiers
The Egyptian women’s volleyball team defeated Botswana three sets to zero to advance to the semifinals of the Rio Olympics qualifiers.
The qualifiers, being held in Cameroon, started earlier this week. Egypt is in group B, along with Algeria, Botswana, and Uganda. In their first match, the Egyptian women defeated Uganda 3-0, while Algeria defeated Botswana 3-0.
On Saturday evening, the fixtures flipped, but brought along the same results. Egypt defeated Botswana 3-0, and Algeria defeated Uganda 3-0. Both Egypt and Algeria advanced to the semi-finals, with Egypt earning first place in the group due to their superior points ratio.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.