KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Elmohamady features as Hull top the Championship
After a goalless first half, Abel Hernandez gave the Tigers the lead in the 52nd minute after scoring the first goal in the game and his 16th in the league in a one-versus-one against the keeper, rounding him and putting the ball in the net.
11 minutes later, Senegalese Mohammed Diame scored the second of the game after a lay-off from Hernandez who was going one-versus-one against the keeper, hitting the ball easily into the back of the net.
In the 81st minute, Elmohamady came on for Robert Snodgrass to solidify the defence and secure the win. The 28-year-old wasn’t included in the starting line-up in the past four league matches.
The Tigers top the Championship with 59 points, going above Middlesbrough who are two points behind, with a game in hand. City are set to face Brighton next Tuesday, before the Arsenal clash in the FA cup.