Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Karim Hafez starts for Omonia in derby loss
Hafez started at left back for the Cypriots against APOEL FC in the Nicosia derby. His back-line was immediately questioned by APOEL striker Giorgos Efrem who put APOEL up 1-0 in the first nine minutes.
Omonia continued to be on the backfoot the rest of the half as Efrem constantly threatened his opponent’s backline. Three minutes before halftime, Efrem got his second goal, and APOEL went into the break leading their rivals 2-0.
APOEL started the second half similarly to how they started the first, but Omonia were able to keep APOEL from scoring in the second half, as the game ended 2-0 in favor of the league leaders, APOEL FC.
The loss dropped Omonia Nicosia down to fifth place in the league, 13 points behind APOEL.
Watch the goals: