Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Karim Hafez starts for Omonia in derby loss
Hafez started at left back for the Cypriots against APOEL FC in the Nicosia derby. His back-line was immediately questioned by APOEL striker Giorgos Efrem who put APOEL up 1-0 in the first nine minutes.
Omonia continued to be on the backfoot the rest of the half as Efrem constantly threatened his opponent’s backline. Three minutes before halftime, Efrem got his second goal, and APOEL went into the break leading their rivals 2-0.
APOEL started the second half similarly to how they started the first, but Omonia were able to keep APOEL from scoring in the second half, as the game ended 2-0 in favor of the league leaders, APOEL FC.
The loss dropped Omonia Nicosia down to fifth place in the league, 13 points behind APOEL.
Watch the goals: