Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Misr El-Maqassa move step closer to round of 32 with away win
Misr El-Maqassa started off their African campaign in the Confederation Cup with a relieving away win against the Ethiopian side Defense Force SC in Addis Ababa.
The Egyptian side were able to beat their hosts 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 of the African competition on Saturday.
Hussein Ragab opened the scoring for El-Maqassa in the 10th minute. Ten minutes later, Amr Barakat doubled his team’s lead, ending the first half 2-0 for El-Maqassa.
Five minutes to full time, former Al Ahly player El-Sayed Hamdy scored the third goal for the Egyptian side before Mohamed Nasser scored a goal for the hosts in the 89th minute.
The result took Misr El-Maqassa a step closer to qualify for the next round of the competition. The Ethiopian side will now need to score three goals in the second leg in Egypt to eliminate El-Maqassa.
Misr El-Maqassa and ENPPI are representing Egypt in the Confederation Cup. They are bidding to become the second Egyptian team to win the competition, after Al Ahly who won it in 2014.