Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Misr El-Maqassa move step closer to round of 32 with away win
Misr El-Maqassa started off their African campaign in the Confederation Cup with a relieving away win against the Ethiopian side Defense Force SC in Addis Ababa.
The Egyptian side were able to beat their hosts 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 of the African competition on Saturday.
Hussein Ragab opened the scoring for El-Maqassa in the 10th minute. Ten minutes later, Amr Barakat doubled his team’s lead, ending the first half 2-0 for El-Maqassa.
Five minutes to full time, former Al Ahly player El-Sayed Hamdy scored the third goal for the Egyptian side before Mohamed Nasser scored a goal for the hosts in the 89th minute.
The result took Misr El-Maqassa a step closer to qualify for the next round of the competition. The Ethiopian side will now need to score three goals in the second leg in Egypt to eliminate El-Maqassa.
Misr El-Maqassa and ENPPI are representing Egypt in the Confederation Cup. They are bidding to become the second Egyptian team to win the competition, after Al Ahly who won it in 2014.