Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Misr El-Maqassa move step closer to round of 32 with away win
Misr El-Maqassa started off their African campaign in the Confederation Cup with a relieving away win against the Ethiopian side Defense Force SC in Addis Ababa.
The Egyptian side were able to beat their hosts 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 of the African competition on Saturday.
Hussein Ragab opened the scoring for El-Maqassa in the 10th minute. Ten minutes later, Amr Barakat doubled his team’s lead, ending the first half 2-0 for El-Maqassa.
Five minutes to full time, former Al Ahly player El-Sayed Hamdy scored the third goal for the Egyptian side before Mohamed Nasser scored a goal for the hosts in the 89th minute.
The result took Misr El-Maqassa a step closer to qualify for the next round of the competition. The Ethiopian side will now need to score three goals in the second leg in Egypt to eliminate El-Maqassa.
Misr El-Maqassa and ENPPI are representing Egypt in the Confederation Cup. They are bidding to become the second Egyptian team to win the competition, after Al Ahly who won it in 2014.