Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Misr El-Maqassa move step closer to round of 32 with away win
Misr El-Maqassa started off their African campaign in the Confederation Cup with a relieving away win against the Ethiopian side Defense Force SC in Addis Ababa.
The Egyptian side were able to beat their hosts 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 of the African competition on Saturday.
Hussein Ragab opened the scoring for El-Maqassa in the 10th minute. Ten minutes later, Amr Barakat doubled his team’s lead, ending the first half 2-0 for El-Maqassa.
Five minutes to full time, former Al Ahly player El-Sayed Hamdy scored the third goal for the Egyptian side before Mohamed Nasser scored a goal for the hosts in the 89th minute.
The result took Misr El-Maqassa a step closer to qualify for the next round of the competition. The Ethiopian side will now need to score three goals in the second leg in Egypt to eliminate El-Maqassa.
Misr El-Maqassa and ENPPI are representing Egypt in the Confederation Cup. They are bidding to become the second Egyptian team to win the competition, after Al Ahly who won it in 2014.