Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Mortada Mansour threatens Mido, denies sorcery allegations
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has denied the statements of the recently sacked manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, describing them as “false allegations”.
Mido verbally attacked Mansour in a televised interview on Friday night. He said that the Zamalek chairman treated him with ‘disrespect’ as he knew of his sacking through the media, a claim that was denied by Mansour.
“I informed him of the sacking decision through the current football director Ismail Youssef,” Mansour said.
The Zamalek chairman also denied Mido’s claims about Mansour hiring a sorcerer during the team’s matches last season.
“If his claims are true and we won the league last season by magic, then did we also win the Africa’s handball cup title by magic? If he proved his claims, I will resign immediately,” Mansour said in a video published on the club’s official Facebook page on Saturday.
Mansour said that Mido doesn’t know the value of Zamalek, saying that he will take a stand against the former Tottenham Hotspur player.
The 32-year-old manager however, explained on his twitter account that his statements about sorcery were misinterpreted, saying that Zamalek won the league because they were the best.