Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Mortada Mansour threatens Mido, denies sorcery allegations
Mido verbally attacked Mansour in a televised interview on Friday night. He said that the Zamalek chairman treated him with ‘disrespect’ as he knew of his sacking through the media, a claim that was denied by Mansour.
“I informed him of the sacking decision through the current football director Ismail Youssef,” Mansour said.
The Zamalek chairman also denied Mido’s claims about Mansour hiring a sorcerer during the team’s matches last season.
“If his claims are true and we won the league last season by magic, then did we also win the Africa’s handball cup title by magic? If he proved his claims, I will resign immediately,” Mansour said in a video published on the club’s official Facebook page on Saturday.
Mansour said that Mido doesn’t know the value of Zamalek, saying that he will take a stand against the former Tottenham Hotspur player.
The 32-year-old manager however, explained on his twitter account that his statements about sorcery were misinterpreted, saying that Zamalek won the league because they were the best.