Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Mortada Mansour threatens Mido, denies sorcery allegations
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has denied the statements of the recently sacked manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, describing them as “false allegations”.
Mido verbally attacked Mansour in a televised interview on Friday night. He said that the Zamalek chairman treated him with ‘disrespect’ as he knew of his sacking through the media, a claim that was denied by Mansour.
“I informed him of the sacking decision through the current football director Ismail Youssef,” Mansour said.
The Zamalek chairman also denied Mido’s claims about Mansour hiring a sorcerer during the team’s matches last season.
“If his claims are true and we won the league last season by magic, then did we also win the Africa’s handball cup title by magic? If he proved his claims, I will resign immediately,” Mansour said in a video published on the club’s official Facebook page on Saturday.
Mansour said that Mido doesn’t know the value of Zamalek, saying that he will take a stand against the former Tottenham Hotspur player.
The 32-year-old manager however, explained on his twitter account that his statements about sorcery were misinterpreted, saying that Zamalek won the league because they were the best.