Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Salah inspires Roma as they clinch victory against Carpi
Having scored in their previous match, Mohamed Salah looked eager to find the back of the net again, as three points would bring Roma up to 3rd place.
The match started with pressure from the Gillarossi with numerous runs on the flanks, and many attempts on goal, but lacked execution.
Holding 74% possession, there were many promising attempts to put Roma in the lead.
In the 30th minute, Mohamed Salah received a beautiful ball inside the box, controlled it perfectly, but saw it come off the crossbar after giving it too much power.
The first half went on to end goalless for the Gillarossi.
The second half began with most of the possession for Roma, and in the 56th minute, a pass from Mohamed Salah that saw French left-back, Lucas Digne, left him in perfect position in front of goal.
The young defender took a 23 yard shot that saw it dip into the bottom right corner, to make it 1-0 for his side.
7 minutes after taking the lead, Capri took a golden opportunity and leveled it making it 1-1, after a lack of concentration from the defense.
Roma were eager to make it 2-1, keeping a significant 75% of possession, and having a total of 16 shots on goal, with it split 8 on target and 8 off target.
Things only got better for the Gillarossi as Mohamed Salah provided another beautiful assist, which found Bosnian international Edin Dzeko, who made it 2-1 for his side.
It was only 56 seconds later that Mohamed Salah would find the back of the net, making it 3-1 for his side and certainly sealing a remarkable performance.
The Egyptian was seen hobbling few minutes before the final whistle and was replaced by Emerson.
AS Roma now sit in third place temporarily with 47 points, 1 point above Salah’s former side, Fiorentina.
Roma, now with high spirits, prepare to face Real Madrid in the Champions League Final Stages on Wednesday, February 17th.