The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Sam Morsy features in Wigan draw
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy featured for Wigan Athletic, as they drew against Oldham Athletic 0-0 in the 31st round of the English League One.
The former Chesterfield player started on the bench for the Latics, with Max Power, Chris McCann and David Perkins starting in the midfield.
Oldham came close to scoring in the first-half, but Finland international goalkeeper Jussi Jääskeläinen pulled off some great saves to deny Carl Winchester and Cameron Dummigan.
The first half ended in a goalless draw with a couple of chances from both sides.
Sam Morsy came in as a second half substitute replacing former West Bromwich Albion player Donervon Daniels.
Wigan’s first chance came in the 71st minute, when Yanic Wildschut right footed shot from outside the box was saved by Coleman.
In the 76th minute Ryan Colclough, who joined Wigan with Sam Morsy, was brought in, replacing David Perkins.
Oldham continued their pressure, and one minute later Matthew Palmer shot from outside the box but misses the goal, Daniel Lafferty came close to scoring for Oldham but Jääskeläinen saved in the top right corner.
Wigan had some chances to score by Yanic Wildschut and William Grigg but the duo failed to convert their chances as the latter low shot was brilliantly saved by Coleman.
By this draw, Wigan are now fourth in the league with 56 points, while Oldham sit in the 23rd place with 25 points.
The Latics next game will be against Walsall in the English League One on February 20, while Oldham are playing Blackpool on the 16th of February.