An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VOLLEYBALL: Algeria defeats Egypt in Rio African qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team lost against Algeria 1-3 in the third and final round of African Volleyball qualifiers to the upcoming summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
Although both teams have already qualified to the semi-finals, Algeria top the table for Group B that also includes Botswana and Uganda, while Egypt gain the second place.
The pharaohs won the first two matches against Uganda 3-0 and Botswana 3-0. They are set to face the top of Group A, which will be the winner from the Cameron versus Kenya clash on Feb 15th.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.