Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VOLLEYBALL: Algeria defeats Egypt in Rio African qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team lost against Algeria 1-3 in the third and final round of African Volleyball qualifiers to the upcoming summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
Although both teams have already qualified to the semi-finals, Algeria top the table for Group B that also includes Botswana and Uganda, while Egypt gain the second place.
The pharaohs won the first two matches against Uganda 3-0 and Botswana 3-0. They are set to face the top of Group A, which will be the winner from the Cameron versus Kenya clash on Feb 15th.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.