Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Court re-opens investigation for Air Defense stadium massacre
A year after the Air Defense Stadium massacre, in which 20 Zamalek fans lost their lives, Cairo Criminal Court ordered to re-open the investigation for the case due to insufficient evidence and documents.
The court decided to postpone the trial for the 16 defendants, while they remain in prison for 6 months, until the investigations are continued and clarified. The defendants were previously charged with murder, sabotage, rioting and the possession of explosives by the ex-prosecutor Hisham Barakat.
The previous investigations issued by the police stated that Zamalek fan group, Ultras White Knights, were responsible for the deaths because of a ‘deadly stampede’.
On the other hand, Zamalek fans accused the police for firing tear gas while the fans were trapped through a metal passageway that leads to the stadium gates.