Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
TENNIS: Youssef Hossam triumphant in African Championship
Egyptian Youssef Hossam has won the 39th African Tennis Junior Closed Championships held in Tunisia after defeating South African Damon Kesaris in the final.
The Egyptian prodigy had dominated the singles competition defeating compatriot Omar El Kadi in the quarter-final and Kesaris’s teammate in the doubles competition, Richard Thongoana, in the semi-final. Young Pharaoh, Hossam, was triumphant in the final after beating Kesaris (4-6, 6-2, 6-2).
Lamis Al-Hussein was defeated by Tunisian Chiraz Bechri in an all-Arab final on Bechri’s own grounds in Tunisia. Chiraz’s momentum and field advantage was obvious as she beat the Egyptian (6-1, 6-2).
In the boys doubles competition Youssef Hossam and Mohamed Abdel-Aziz lost in the final to South African duo Damon Kesaris and Richard Thongoana. The South Africans avenged both their defeats on the hands of Hossam in the singles competition by winning the doubles final (7-6, 6-2)