Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
TENNIS: Youssef Hossam triumphant in African Championship
Egyptian Youssef Hossam has won the 39th African Tennis Junior Closed Championships held in Tunisia after defeating South African Damon Kesaris in the final.
The Egyptian prodigy had dominated the singles competition defeating compatriot Omar El Kadi in the quarter-final and Kesaris’s teammate in the doubles competition, Richard Thongoana, in the semi-final. Young Pharaoh, Hossam, was triumphant in the final after beating Kesaris (4-6, 6-2, 6-2).
Lamis Al-Hussein was defeated by Tunisian Chiraz Bechri in an all-Arab final on Bechri’s own grounds in Tunisia. Chiraz’s momentum and field advantage was obvious as she beat the Egyptian (6-1, 6-2).
In the boys doubles competition Youssef Hossam and Mohamed Abdel-Aziz lost in the final to South African duo Damon Kesaris and Richard Thongoana. The South Africans avenged both their defeats on the hands of Hossam in the singles competition by winning the doubles final (7-6, 6-2)