AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
TENNIS: Youssef Hossam triumphant in African Championship
Egyptian Youssef Hossam has won the 39th African Tennis Junior Closed Championships held in Tunisia after defeating South African Damon Kesaris in the final.
The Egyptian prodigy had dominated the singles competition defeating compatriot Omar El Kadi in the quarter-final and Kesaris’s teammate in the doubles competition, Richard Thongoana, in the semi-final. Young Pharaoh, Hossam, was triumphant in the final after beating Kesaris (4-6, 6-2, 6-2).
Lamis Al-Hussein was defeated by Tunisian Chiraz Bechri in an all-Arab final on Bechri’s own grounds in Tunisia. Chiraz’s momentum and field advantage was obvious as she beat the Egyptian (6-1, 6-2).
In the boys doubles competition Youssef Hossam and Mohamed Abdel-Aziz lost in the final to South African duo Damon Kesaris and Richard Thongoana. The South Africans avenged both their defeats on the hands of Hossam in the singles competition by winning the doubles final (7-6, 6-2)