Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
TENNIS: Youssef Hossam triumphant in African Championship
Egyptian Youssef Hossam has won the 39th African Tennis Junior Closed Championships held in Tunisia after defeating South African Damon Kesaris in the final.
The Egyptian prodigy had dominated the singles competition defeating compatriot Omar El Kadi in the quarter-final and Kesaris’s teammate in the doubles competition, Richard Thongoana, in the semi-final. Young Pharaoh, Hossam, was triumphant in the final after beating Kesaris (4-6, 6-2, 6-2).
Lamis Al-Hussein was defeated by Tunisian Chiraz Bechri in an all-Arab final on Bechri’s own grounds in Tunisia. Chiraz’s momentum and field advantage was obvious as she beat the Egyptian (6-1, 6-2).
In the boys doubles competition Youssef Hossam and Mohamed Abdel-Aziz lost in the final to South African duo Damon Kesaris and Richard Thongoana. The South Africans avenged both their defeats on the hands of Hossam in the singles competition by winning the doubles final (7-6, 6-2)