AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Diego Perotti: Salah is a top player
Perotti joined Roma last January on loan with an option to buy from Genoa, and scored one goal in three games played with the Capital club so far.
The 27-year-old winger thinks club legend Francesco Totti is the best player in Roma, but this didn’t prevent him from confessing that Salah is also one of the protagonists in the team.
“My strongest teammate [in Roma]? If I have to name one, for what he did for the club and he represents, I say Totti. But also Salah is a top player who can play in any top team,” Perotti told Radio Marca.
Speaking of their big Champions League encounter against Real Madrid on Wednesday, Perotti believes Roma have what it takes to eliminate the Meringues.
“On the defensive level we can do well, we must do well especially at home. Then in the attack we are always dangerous,”
“I am confident that if we play well we can go ahead and eliminate Real Madrid. Their biggest threat? Cristiano [Ronaldo] is back to his top form,” he added.