Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Egyptians seal silver, bronze at European Judo Open
Egyptian judo players Mohamed Abdel-Mawgoud and Mohamed Mohy El-Din earned silver and bronze medals at the 2016 European Judo Open.
The competition took place in Oberwart, Austria on 13 and 14 February.
Abdel-Mawgoud, who sealed the silver medal for the 66kg category, has qualified to the final after successfully winning against the Brazilian Charles Chibana in the semi-final.
During his journey to the final, Abdel-Mawgoud defeated players from Azerbaijan, Portugal and Kazakhstan, before losing to Mongolian Altansukh Dovdon in the final.
Meanwhile, Mohy El-Din earned the bronze medal at the 73kg category competition, after winning against Russian Olympic medalist Mansur Isaev in the round of 32. He then defeated German’s Anthony Zingg, before losing to Kazakhstan’s Didar Khamza in the semi-final.
Mohy El-Din then defeated Slovenian Martin Hojak in the repechage round, before defeating Kazakhstan’s Fagan Guluzade to earn the bronze medal.
Watch Mohy El-Din defeat the Russian Olympic gold medalist in the round of 32: