Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Egyptians seal silver, bronze at European Judo Open
Egyptian judo players Mohamed Abdel-Mawgoud and Mohamed Mohy El-Din earned silver and bronze medals at the 2016 European Judo Open.
The competition took place in Oberwart, Austria on 13 and 14 February.
Abdel-Mawgoud, who sealed the silver medal for the 66kg category, has qualified to the final after successfully winning against the Brazilian Charles Chibana in the semi-final.
During his journey to the final, Abdel-Mawgoud defeated players from Azerbaijan, Portugal and Kazakhstan, before losing to Mongolian Altansukh Dovdon in the final.
Meanwhile, Mohy El-Din earned the bronze medal at the 73kg category competition, after winning against Russian Olympic medalist Mansur Isaev in the round of 32. He then defeated German’s Anthony Zingg, before losing to Kazakhstan’s Didar Khamza in the semi-final.
Mohy El-Din then defeated Slovenian Martin Hojak in the repechage round, before defeating Kazakhstan’s Fagan Guluzade to earn the bronze medal.
Watch Mohy El-Din defeat the Russian Olympic gold medalist in the round of 32: