Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Egyptians seal silver, bronze at European Judo Open
Egyptian judo players Mohamed Abdel-Mawgoud and Mohamed Mohy El-Din earned silver and bronze medals at the 2016 European Judo Open.
The competition took place in Oberwart, Austria on 13 and 14 February.
Abdel-Mawgoud, who sealed the silver medal for the 66kg category, has qualified to the final after successfully winning against the Brazilian Charles Chibana in the semi-final.
During his journey to the final, Abdel-Mawgoud defeated players from Azerbaijan, Portugal and Kazakhstan, before losing to Mongolian Altansukh Dovdon in the final.
Meanwhile, Mohy El-Din earned the bronze medal at the 73kg category competition, after winning against Russian Olympic medalist Mansur Isaev in the round of 32. He then defeated German’s Anthony Zingg, before losing to Kazakhstan’s Didar Khamza in the semi-final.
Mohy El-Din then defeated Slovenian Martin Hojak in the repechage round, before defeating Kazakhstan’s Fagan Guluzade to earn the bronze medal.
Watch Mohy El-Din defeat the Russian Olympic gold medalist in the round of 32: