Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Egyptians seal silver, bronze at European Judo Open
Egyptian judo players Mohamed Abdel-Mawgoud and Mohamed Mohy El-Din earned silver and bronze medals at the 2016 European Judo Open.
The competition took place in Oberwart, Austria on 13 and 14 February.
Abdel-Mawgoud, who sealed the silver medal for the 66kg category, has qualified to the final after successfully winning against the Brazilian Charles Chibana in the semi-final.
During his journey to the final, Abdel-Mawgoud defeated players from Azerbaijan, Portugal and Kazakhstan, before losing to Mongolian Altansukh Dovdon in the final.
Meanwhile, Mohy El-Din earned the bronze medal at the 73kg category competition, after winning against Russian Olympic medalist Mansur Isaev in the round of 32. He then defeated German’s Anthony Zingg, before losing to Kazakhstan’s Didar Khamza in the semi-final.
Mohy El-Din then defeated Slovenian Martin Hojak in the repechage round, before defeating Kazakhstan’s Fagan Guluzade to earn the bronze medal.
Watch Mohy El-Din defeat the Russian Olympic gold medalist in the round of 32: