Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Egyptians seal silver, bronze at European Judo Open
Egyptian judo players Mohamed Abdel-Mawgoud and Mohamed Mohy El-Din earned silver and bronze medals at the 2016 European Judo Open.
The competition took place in Oberwart, Austria on 13 and 14 February.
Abdel-Mawgoud, who sealed the silver medal for the 66kg category, has qualified to the final after successfully winning against the Brazilian Charles Chibana in the semi-final.
During his journey to the final, Abdel-Mawgoud defeated players from Azerbaijan, Portugal and Kazakhstan, before losing to Mongolian Altansukh Dovdon in the final.
Meanwhile, Mohy El-Din earned the bronze medal at the 73kg category competition, after winning against Russian Olympic medalist Mansur Isaev in the round of 32. He then defeated German’s Anthony Zingg, before losing to Kazakhstan’s Didar Khamza in the semi-final.
Mohy El-Din then defeated Slovenian Martin Hojak in the repechage round, before defeating Kazakhstan’s Fagan Guluzade to earn the bronze medal.
Watch Mohy El-Din defeat the Russian Olympic gold medalist in the round of 32: