Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Table Tennis: Dina Meshref wins gold in African Championship
Egyptian Champion Dina Meshref won gold after beating defending champion, Congo’s Han Xing in the final of the ITTF 2016 African Cup in Khartoum, Sudan.
African No.1, Egyptian, Dina Meshref has qualified to the 2016 Table Tennis Women World Cup that is set to be held from the 7th October to 9th October in Timbiqui, Colombia.
Meshref reached the final after beating Nigerian Offiong Edem 4-1 (12-10 ، 8-11 ، 11-7 ، 11-5 ، 11-6) in the semi-final to face Han Xing who defeated another Egyptian, Nadeen El-Dawlatly, in the semi-final.
The Pharaoh avenged her compatriot and defeated Xing 4-1 (11-4 ، 13-11 ، 11-4 ، 6-11 ، 11-2) in the final while Dawlatly came third after beating Edem in their match to decide 3rd and 4th positions. Meshref’s win has gained her a spot in the 2016 Table Tennis Women World Cup.
In the men’s competition another African No.1 and Egyptian, Amr Assar, came second after losing the final to Nigerian and African No.2 Quadri Aruna 1-4 (11-8 ، 8-11 ، 7-11 ، 6-11 ، 6-11). Aruna had qualified to the final after defeating Egyptian African No.3 El-Sayed Lasheen while Assar defeated Nigerian Segun Toriola in the semi-finals.
Assar lost to Aruna 1-4 (11-8 ، 8-11 ، 7-11 ، 6-11 ، 6-11) in the final and Lasheen was defeated by Toriola in the 3rd place decider match to win 4th place.