Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Table Tennis: Dina Meshref wins gold in African Championship
Egyptian Champion Dina Meshref won gold after beating defending champion, Congo’s Han Xing in the final of the ITTF 2016 African Cup in Khartoum, Sudan.
African No.1, Egyptian, Dina Meshref has qualified to the 2016 Table Tennis Women World Cup that is set to be held from the 7th October to 9th October in Timbiqui, Colombia.
Meshref reached the final after beating Nigerian Offiong Edem 4-1 (12-10 ، 8-11 ، 11-7 ، 11-5 ، 11-6) in the semi-final to face Han Xing who defeated another Egyptian, Nadeen El-Dawlatly, in the semi-final.
The Pharaoh avenged her compatriot and defeated Xing 4-1 (11-4 ، 13-11 ، 11-4 ، 6-11 ، 11-2) in the final while Dawlatly came third after beating Edem in their match to decide 3rd and 4th positions. Meshref’s win has gained her a spot in the 2016 Table Tennis Women World Cup.
In the men’s competition another African No.1 and Egyptian, Amr Assar, came second after losing the final to Nigerian and African No.2 Quadri Aruna 1-4 (11-8 ، 8-11 ، 7-11 ، 6-11 ، 6-11). Aruna had qualified to the final after defeating Egyptian African No.3 El-Sayed Lasheen while Assar defeated Nigerian Segun Toriola in the semi-finals.
Assar lost to Aruna 1-4 (11-8 ، 8-11 ، 7-11 ، 6-11 ، 6-11) in the final and Lasheen was defeated by Toriola in the 3rd place decider match to win 4th place.