In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Table Tennis: Dina Meshref wins gold in African Championship
Egyptian Champion Dina Meshref won gold after beating defending champion, Congo’s Han Xing in the final of the ITTF 2016 African Cup in Khartoum, Sudan.
African No.1, Egyptian, Dina Meshref has qualified to the 2016 Table Tennis Women World Cup that is set to be held from the 7th October to 9th October in Timbiqui, Colombia.
Meshref reached the final after beating Nigerian Offiong Edem 4-1 (12-10 ، 8-11 ، 11-7 ، 11-5 ، 11-6) in the semi-final to face Han Xing who defeated another Egyptian, Nadeen El-Dawlatly, in the semi-final.
The Pharaoh avenged her compatriot and defeated Xing 4-1 (11-4 ، 13-11 ، 11-4 ، 6-11 ، 11-2) in the final while Dawlatly came third after beating Edem in their match to decide 3rd and 4th positions. Meshref’s win has gained her a spot in the 2016 Table Tennis Women World Cup.
In the men’s competition another African No.1 and Egyptian, Amr Assar, came second after losing the final to Nigerian and African No.2 Quadri Aruna 1-4 (11-8 ، 8-11 ، 7-11 ، 6-11 ، 6-11). Aruna had qualified to the final after defeating Egyptian African No.3 El-Sayed Lasheen while Assar defeated Nigerian Segun Toriola in the semi-finals.
Assar lost to Aruna 1-4 (11-8 ، 8-11 ، 7-11 ، 6-11 ، 6-11) in the final and Lasheen was defeated by Toriola in the 3rd place decider match to win 4th place.