Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt defeat Kenya in semi-final of Rio African Qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team defeated Kenya 3-1 in the semi-final of the 2016 Olympics African Qualifiers in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.
After coming second behind Algeria in the group B that included Botswana and Uganda, Egypt met group A leaders, Kenya, in the semi-final while Algeria is set to face Cameroon later on Monday.
It was no walk in the park for Egypt as they barely came up top defeating Kenya 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 16-15, 25-20, 19-17) to end Kenya’s undefeated run in the tournament and to qualify to the final and face the winner from Algeria and Cameroon.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.
Egyptian outside hitter Nahla Sameh said after the game: “We’ve been preparing for the Qualifiers for three months now. After losing to Algeria last round the team’s spirit has been very high making us more adamant on Qualifying to the Olympics.”