Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt defeat Kenya in semi-final of Rio African Qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team defeated Kenya 3-1 in the semi-final of the 2016 Olympics African Qualifiers in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.
After coming second behind Algeria in the group B that included Botswana and Uganda, Egypt met group A leaders, Kenya, in the semi-final while Algeria is set to face Cameroon later on Monday.
It was no walk in the park for Egypt as they barely came up top defeating Kenya 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 16-15, 25-20, 19-17) to end Kenya’s undefeated run in the tournament and to qualify to the final and face the winner from Algeria and Cameroon.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.
Egyptian outside hitter Nahla Sameh said after the game: “We’ve been preparing for the Qualifiers for three months now. After losing to Algeria last round the team’s spirit has been very high making us more adamant on Qualifying to the Olympics.”