After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt defeat Kenya in semi-final of Rio African Qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team defeated Kenya 3-1 in the semi-final of the 2016 Olympics African Qualifiers in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.
After coming second behind Algeria in the group B that included Botswana and Uganda, Egypt met group A leaders, Kenya, in the semi-final while Algeria is set to face Cameroon later on Monday.
It was no walk in the park for Egypt as they barely came up top defeating Kenya 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 16-15, 25-20, 19-17) to end Kenya’s undefeated run in the tournament and to qualify to the final and face the winner from Algeria and Cameroon.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.
Egyptian outside hitter Nahla Sameh said after the game: “We’ve been preparing for the Qualifiers for three months now. After losing to Algeria last round the team’s spirit has been very high making us more adamant on Qualifying to the Olympics.”