Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt defeat Kenya in semi-final of Rio African Qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team defeated Kenya 3-1 in the semi-final of the 2016 Olympics African Qualifiers in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.
After coming second behind Algeria in the group B that included Botswana and Uganda, Egypt met group A leaders, Kenya, in the semi-final while Algeria is set to face Cameroon later on Monday.
It was no walk in the park for Egypt as they barely came up top defeating Kenya 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 16-15, 25-20, 19-17) to end Kenya’s undefeated run in the tournament and to qualify to the final and face the winner from Algeria and Cameroon.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.
Egyptian outside hitter Nahla Sameh said after the game: “We’ve been preparing for the Qualifiers for three months now. After losing to Algeria last round the team’s spirit has been very high making us more adamant on Qualifying to the Olympics.”