Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt defeat Kenya in semi-final of Rio African Qualifiers
Egypt’s women national team defeated Kenya 3-1 in the semi-final of the 2016 Olympics African Qualifiers in Rio De Janiero, Brazil.
It was no walk in the park for Egypt as they barely came up top defeating Kenya 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 16-15, 25-20, 19-17) to end Kenya’s undefeated run in the tournament and to qualify to the final and face the winner from Algeria and Cameroon.
The winner of the tournament will qualify directly to the Rio Olympics. The second and third teams will qualify to the World Olympic Qualification Tournament for another chance to qualify to Rio 2016.
Egyptian outside hitter Nahla Sameh said after the game: “We’ve been preparing for the Qualifiers for three months now. After losing to Algeria last round the team’s spirit has been very high making us more adamant on Qualifying to the Olympics.”