Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Warda shines as Panetolikos beat Levadiakos
Panetolikos went into the fixture hoping for an improved performance after losing their last game at Panionios FC, after claiming 10 of 12 possible points from the prior fixtures.
Amr Warda was shown a yellow card 31 minutes into the first half, which was somewhat dominated by the hosts, but both teams failed to translate their chances into goals.
In the second half, Panetolikos pushed forward in an attempt to translate their control into an opener.
Substitute Fabian Munoz scored to give his team the lead in the 62nd minute, after receiving the ball from teammate Anastasios Papazoglou.
Warda – who has three caps with the Egypt national team to date – was substituted in the first minute of additional time, as defender Dimitris Koutromanos was brought on to help protect the team’s lead.
Two minutes later, Panetolikos doubled their lead; Munoz was at the heart of the action again, as he completed his brace with seconds to spare.
The win keeps Panetolikos in seventh place with 29 points after 22 games, while Levadiakos are in 11th with 24 points and a match in hand.