Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Warda shines as Panetolikos beat Levadiakos
Egypt international Amr Warda put in a man-of-the-match performance as Panetolikos claimed a 2-0 home win against Levadiakos in the Greek Super League on Sunday.
Panetolikos went into the fixture hoping for an improved performance after losing their last game at Panionios FC, after claiming 10 of 12 possible points from the prior fixtures.
Amr Warda was shown a yellow card 31 minutes into the first half, which was somewhat dominated by the hosts, but both teams failed to translate their chances into goals.
In the second half, Panetolikos pushed forward in an attempt to translate their control into an opener.
Substitute Fabian Munoz scored to give his team the lead in the 62nd minute, after receiving the ball from teammate Anastasios Papazoglou.
Warda – who has three caps with the Egypt national team to date – was substituted in the first minute of additional time, as defender Dimitris Koutromanos was brought on to help protect the team’s lead.
Two minutes later, Panetolikos doubled their lead; Munoz was at the heart of the action again, as he completed his brace with seconds to spare.
The win keeps Panetolikos in seventh place with 29 points after 22 games, while Levadiakos are in 11th with 24 points and a match in hand.